• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Old Yeller

MARINERMAGNUM

I tried to put micpic on this guy tonight but it didn't work out. Probably just as well as the light was not good but I hadn't had a shot at a Yellow Warbler yet this spring. There may be artifacting present as this was shot at ISO 6400 then ran thru Elements.

3553196510_dfa4bce136_o.jpg

I would have mush at 1600 ISO, don't even have 3200 much less 6400. This looks pretty good if it was as gray there as it was here yesterday. I couldn't tell what shutter speed you were able to get. I had a yellow land within 10 feet of the deck yesterday, quick grabbed the camera but only had 1/40 second handheld, and not much time to switch any settings. At least I didn't have to crop, except to get him off center a little. He will have to do until a sunnier opportunity.

This was from about 7:45pm and it was cloudy and gray here as well. The in camera noise reduction does quite well. I've printed some shots that were ISO 12,800 and they looked fine. If you shoot at 15mp,print 16x20 or smaller,and don't crop,and keep the histogram to the right side,it's not bad. A little grain isn't very noticable unless you get your nose right up to a print-which most folks never do. I owned the 1DMarkIII for a few weeks but sold it as it wasn't as good as the 50D in the area I use most-indoor sports shot in jpeg.

Hopefully Canon will get the Mark 4 in the 10 ring.

I'll try to post some ISO 12,800 pics with the full exif so you can have a reference.