Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ANYFISH2

Emerald Ash Borer

4 posts in this topic

Just would like to see everyones thought of how this little critter is going to change our cities, forests, and ecosystems. I think our forests will change forever and quicker than we think, I not sure our foresters had enough time to prepare, to find ways to slow this but down. This could be the worst exotic we have seen for this state.

There is good info on the Emerald Ash Borer in the Minnesota Volunteer and on the DNR web site.

can you eat them

The foresters?... yes, but takes a lot of A1 wink

I remember the Dutch Elm Disease days very well, and if this will be worse than that, wow! is all I can say. I will do my part and not move firewood, but I don't have any ash on my property. The DNR site does have good info on their site.

I will do my part this weekend and burn as much wood as possible, and stare into it. wink

This could be a very serious problem, I have many ash trees on my property, and this would really thin out my woods eek