• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vex Fl-18 good price

Question

5 answers to this question

I'm glad this question was asked. I am also looking for a good price on a new FL-18. I usually see them for around 4 bills, and the wife thinks I spend too much cash on this sport as it is (that doesn't stop me however smile.gif Anyway, my question is: I bought an FL-8 three years ago, the ProPack version so it fits nicely in a 2.5 gallon pale. Could I just buy the FL-18 with no casing and use the pro pack case (the round plastic holder) from my FL-8? I looked at the new 18's propack and the battery indicators look very different from my old 8's - just wondering if the extra money is worth it?? If it works, I may be able to save 75$ or so, and anytime I find a sale, my wife is quicker to approve - know what I mean?

Biwabik Bohunk - I don't know if they changed the size or dimensions of the new power head for the FL-18, but my gut instincts says no.. But I would call Vexilar to confirm. If that's the case, and the Fl-8/8SLT are the same size powerhead as the Fl-18, your in business at Cabela's for $319, now that's a sale... Good Luck.

BB

You can just buy the 18 unit and mount it on you old pro pack. They're the same. As for the battery status indicator, it's just different color lights and facing, that's all. I have a friend who just did it and bought a blue box for his old unit--extra for g-friend and friends.

vexTime