Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Burnham

inside breaklines?

ok so i am a guy thats out on the water a couple days a week, starting to get kinda serious in my angling abilities..anyways i am kind of embarassed to ask this but i always hear about inside and outside breaklines, and at one point i could identify them, but i seemed to have forgotten exactly what they are..could someone describe one or post a picture of a contour map and point out one?? any help is wanted.

thanks

ryan burnham

To me Inside brakes are just that. Picture it as a river flowing. when the river turns there is an Inside and out side brake. The outside brake has a faster current and the inside is the slower still waters. Just like a lake an outside point sticks out into the lake while an inside brake is on the slack water or inside turn. Hope this helps you out..

I have never heard the term inside breaklines... A breakline is where whater changes depth by atleast a few feet abruptly correct? Like picklefarmer already pointed out probably refering to outside turns (points) and inside turns.

Or inside and outside "weedlines." ??? That's a bit more easily explained if that's what you meant.

I haven't really used / heard inside breakline either. Inside "turns" or "bends" are corners that often attract / concentrate fish. Just think opposite of a point.

i guess i would look at an outside turn as simliar to being a

a point and seems more often than hold some fish

i guess rather than inside i refer to then as a inside turn

which is kinda like a pocket and also mot times hold fish

in today world with these chips these spots are very easy to locate

the chip is the best thing since the green box

Ok what am I missing out on - " the Green Box"?

The Lowrance Green Box was the first depthfinder (a flasher) that was on the market for fisherman and boaters to buy. It started the whole consumer marine electronics industry. I still remember seeing and using them with my uncles and grandpa.

BTW, it was in a green case, hence the name.

Ahh - I see - I have seen pictures of them. I google it and came up with a lot of intre3sting things - none fishing related

and that helps with the question how?

Inside and outside "breaklines are just as the previous posters have stated" good luck and don't worry about the vocabulary too much! everybody calls it something different!!