Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burnham

inside breaklines?

13 posts in this topic

ok so i am a guy thats out on the water a couple days a week, starting to get kinda serious in my angling abilities..anyways i am kind of embarassed to ask this but i always hear about inside and outside breaklines, and at one point i could identify them, but i seemed to have forgotten exactly what they are..could someone describe one or post a picture of a contour map and point out one?? any help is wanted.

thanks

ryan burnham

To me Inside brakes are just that. Picture it as a river flowing. when the river turns there is an Inside and out side brake. The outside brake has a faster current and the inside is the slower still waters. Just like a lake an outside point sticks out into the lake while an inside brake is on the slack water or inside turn. Hope this helps you out..

ok i see what your sayin thanks a lot!

I have never heard the term inside breaklines... A breakline is where whater changes depth by atleast a few feet abruptly correct? Like picklefarmer already pointed out probably refering to outside turns (points) and inside turns.

Or inside and outside "weedlines." ??? That's a bit more easily explained if that's what you meant.

I haven't really used / heard inside breakline either. Inside "turns" or "bends" are corners that often attract / concentrate fish. Just think opposite of a point.

i guess i would look at an outside turn as simliar to being a

a point and seems more often than hold some fish

i guess rather than inside i refer to then as a inside turn

which is kinda like a pocket and also mot times hold fish

in today world with these chips these spots are very easy to locate

the chip is the best thing since the green box

the chip is the best thing since the green box

Ok what am I missing out on - " the Green Box"?

Ok what am I missing out on - " the Green Box"?

The Lowrance Green Box was the first depthfinder (a flasher) that was on the market for fisherman and boaters to buy. It started the whole consumer marine electronics industry. I still remember seeing and using them with my uncles and grandpa.

BTW, it was in a green case, hence the name.

Ahh - I see - I have seen pictures of them. I google it and came up with a lot of intre3sting things - none fishing related

i have a green box my dad gave it to me he bought it when they just hit the market lol

and that helps with the question how?

Inside and outside "breaklines are just as the previous posters have stated" good luck and don't worry about the vocabulary too much! everybody calls it something different!!

yea i know what your saying...thanks fishinmaverick