Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IFallsRon

One less failed Twins reliever

6 posts in this topic

I always thought that when Cleveland cuts a player, their career was or should be over.

The Minnesota Twins waived relief pitcher Craig Breslow, who was claimed by the Oakland Athletics, and will recall starting pitcher Anthony Swarzak from Class AAA Rochester on Thursday, the team announced today.

Swarzak, a right-hander who went 3-4 with a 2.25 ERA in seven starts for Rochester, is scheduled to start Saturday night's game against the Milwaukee Brewers at the Metrodome.

Breslow was 1-2 with a 6.28 ERA for the Twins this season.

He is a breathing left-hander...somebody will always pick up a left handed pitcher.....does that mean Oakland's bullpen is worse then the Twin's???

The first of many I hope. The bullpen has been brutal since mid-season last year. Time to shake things up and bring in some new blood.

Be nice to go out and spend some money for a proven guy though wouldn't it?

don't need to spend money. Slama and Delaney are the truth. you think mijares is good? those two are better

Breslow did look decent last year. This year- not so much

wonder why they dropped him instead of crain? not that breslow was doing anything but I think crain was doing much worse. almost seems like crain kind of fits into the punto/cuddyer mold where they are given endless opportunities to redeem themselves.