Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Double

Pedestal / Base Issue

11 posts in this topic

I have the correct set-up- meaning these parts are compatible. But all it takes is a little bit of wiggling of the pedestal to make it release from the base, making it very unsafe. Anybody else experienced this? Any remedy ideas? Here is a pic of the base I have: 77100-t.jpg

Thanks in advance for any help.

Usually the problem is the other way around with those bases smile too tight.

We clipped the lock off our pedestals so they are easier to take out. Much better for us.

I was thinking the same thing as BoxMN. My problem is usually getting them out. I spray WD40 in the holes from time to time just so I can still remove them.

You may want to check with the service dept at a boat dealer to see if they have any ideas.

Good luck!

I also have the same problem. Those are the bases used in Lunds. Springfield, if I'm not mistaken. There are times that I am forced to hit the seat sideways a couple of swats to get it loose. I'd thought of WD-40ing the socket, but they advise against lubing the bases in the owners manual. Now, I'm gonna try it! Phred52

I have also heard of rubbing dryer sheets or wax paper to help keep them slick and easier to get out. Not sure about how to tighten them up as others have mentioned the same.

I'm with Box, mine are too tight. However on yours, it sounds like the notched side piece isn't catching in the slot (the piece you normally have to press in just to allow it to be removed).

Mine were nasty to remove on my 10 yr old Crestliner. I took my dremel tool, with the round sanding attachment and honed out the plastic insert. Didnt take too long, and worked great.

Never heard on one too loose that the seat falls out.

I would suggest you try your seats out in another boat. You will probably find it is the seat post and not the base.

Take the seat with you to a dealer and try them in one of the shops boats before you farmer fix anything.

Do not put WD40 on the base. I repeat---- Do not put WD40 on the base. If you are in wavey conditions and you have done this the seat will pop out of the base and you could be thrown out of the boat. This happened to me 2 times on mille lacs. a small amount of car wax is what is recomended.

I will say it one more time for your safety--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Do not put WD40 on the base------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use anti-seize at the start of boating season. Been on some pretty rough water and never had one come out in 9 years. I concur, I never heard of those being too loose, sounds like it isn't locking in to me also.