Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ButchHero

1981 Johnson 50hp

4 posts in this topic

Hi- I am trying to find out the approximate value of my 50hp Johnson outboard. I tried a couple of different websites, including NADA, and haven't had any luck. Would anyone on here be able to direct me to a site that might be helpful? Or if there are any experts... It's a 1981 50hp longshaft with electric start. It's in perfect condition, and only has about 40 hours on it. Thanks for any info!

That's an amazing number of hours on that motor.. that's 1.4 hours per year!

Regardless, somewhere in the $800 - $1500 maybe?

marine_man

Yeah, it was on an elderly couple's pontoon that didn't see the outside of the garage very often...

Thanks for your input!

I'm thinking about the same as Marine Man. Don't let it go too cheap as that is quite a gem. Your best bet would be to find someone who has the same or very similar motor on their boat so they could swap motors and keep the same controls intact.

I bought an 83' Evinrude 25 hp from my wife's aunt 2 years ago that had approx 3 tanks of gas through it since new. Was run a little every year so no varnish issues.

Steve