• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Appeldoorns GTG Countdown

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that thread. Pretty informative.

I don't think that the cowgirls and showgirls are really any more expensive than any other musky lure. I had a few made for me at the Musky show in Blaine two years ago - pink!!!! But, I have yet to try it out.

I only have one rod that is heavy enough to throw the big lures, so bring one if you have one. I have a Shimano Sojourn 7'0" MH rod and it works pretty good.

Quote:
There are different kinds of cowgirls, but a GOOD one always keeps her calves together!!!! tee hee
FUNNY! laughlaugh

I don't think I have a heavy duty rod. For that matter, I don't have cowgirls either! But that doesn't mean we can't line dance around the fire with our cowgirl hats on! Well maybe not. winksmile

This GTG weekend will be my 1st time on open water if someone would kindly cart my butt around too!

Two boats for sure, if Shelly get her motor fixed, three. If Fishermissis decides to join us it would be at least three maybe four. It would be nice if we can get a final count so we can let Paul know how many for the launch.

I may be leaving early on Sun. morning to help a

friend's kids celebrate an early Fathers Day.

He doesn't have them on Father's Day - I offered

not realizing that the Sun. before was our fishing

weekend (not that I could forget that we were having it).

I told him it was his choice as to what to do - take

the kids fishing in my boat, go on a picnic, etc.

Anyone have any ideas? His kids are 12(girl) & 14(boy).

This is a first for me not having my own kids or even

nieces/nephews.

Wow Patti how nice of you! Do you think that 4 in your boat might be pushing it a little? I don't have kids either so it is hard to say, if money is no object Valley Fair is always cool. If the budget is tight, a picnic or a bar-b-cue at a lake would be nice. Maybe take turns taking them out on the lake. There are a lot of local parks in the Hennipen County area that have picnic pavilions and fishing.

Thanks Barb...

4 of us in the boat works fine. We went out a couple times last summer. Unfortunately money is an object. I'm getting him an MP3 player from the kids and I so ValleyFair would be a bit much.

I've thought about either combining fishing with a picnic or hitting somewhere like a local park where they have a swimming beach and even peddle boats.

Sitting here waiting to take the "ole grouch" to yet another Doctor's appointment for a pulmonary function test. Dreaming about next week making a list of what to bring. Unless a building falls on me or a bomb drops I am leaving Thursday morning. Bringing a pound and a half of leeches with me in exchange for a meal or two if you gals don't mind. Definitely gonna keep my meals simple, if the wind stays down I will be fishing, fishing, fishing. Does everyone have their own tents? If anyone has scrap lumber (kiln dried, not treated) bring some for campfires. I don't think Paul let's us bring in our own firewood. I sure hope the dang weather warms up, I am getting pretty tired of this cold. Maybe some of the guys who lurk on the forum will share some secret spots with us. I have my new H20C that is just itching to have some waypoints added to it, now that I have finally figured out how to use it (only took me 5 months).

Bringing a pound and a half of leeches with me in exchange for a meal or two if you gals don't mind. Definitely gonna keep my meals simple, if the wind stays down I will be fishing, fishing, fishing. Does everyone have their own tents?

Being new to this and all, how do the meals works. Everyone just bring food for themselves or bring something to share or both? Do we post what we are bringing to share ahead of time or just wing it? I know leaches and punch are covered.

I have my own tent but no boat frown.

Jendayi, keep it simple. Last year we all brought our own plus some to share and we had way too much food. My suggestion is bring something you like for in the morning, snacks, sandwich fixing for lunches, something like burgers or brats for dinner. Bring your own favorite liquid libations and there is always sharing going on. We will be doing campfires at night so if you like dogs cooked over the fire bring some. If you have your own lifejacket bring it. We will figure out something on the boat situation, so far we have 2 for sure.

There are no grills back where we tent. Like Barb said, there will be a fire for hot dogs, foil packet meals, etc.

I do have a small gas Coleman stove I will be bringing, so we will have something to cook on.

I will be bringing a small folding table as well for food, beverages, etc.

Oh yeah - bring a camp chair for around the fire!!

Thank you Lambjm and Fishnovice, that was very helpful.

I have a tri-pod grill that you set over the campfire. I will bring it in case anyone wants to use. It works great on the campfires rings at state parks but anything larger than those it may not be ideal because you would have to put the legs of the tripod in the fire rather than outside the ring. Nonetheless, I will bring it.