• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

How to catch walleye!

Bobby Bass

How to catch walleye!

It has come to my attention that some people think fishing for walleye can be well a Challenge! I find this handy tactic to work well in the summer. What you have to do is treat walleye fishing just like ice fishing. Yup, it's as simple as that. All you need to do is find a boat anchored all by themselves on a local lake where someone once caught a walleye. You then motor up to with in casting distance of the other boat and anchor. You can now lower a minnow or jig or a combination of both over the side and wait. Sooner or later other boats will see the two of you anchored there and will move into casting distance where they to will anchor. The three of you will soon grow into four and then to eight. The walleye swimming below will seek the shade from all of these boats over head and just like the boats soon two or four or eight will move in under the boats.

Now here is the important part, someone needs to catch a fish, don't have to be a walleye but someone needs to have their pole bend some and a fish needs to be brought to the boat, It works best if the fish is landed on the side of the boat where no other fishermen can see how small it is. After a quick release the rod must be rebaited and tossed back over the side. When someone yells "What ya catch?" The reply must be "A Walleye" This exchange makes the area you are in a "Walleye Hot Spot" you are now walleye fishing.

See Walleye fishing is really quite easy. Just make sure you have a good cooler, lots of cold drinks, pick windy days with the threat of rain and pack a lunch. Comin soon, How to catch Panfish!

little to much extra time on your hands?

You write that like it is a bad thing!

I tend to write stories when I post here. A little humor for those sitting under the hum of tube lighting.

ahahahahahaha reminds me of opener.......... some guy comes up to us, u catching anything "nope" well we're gonna give u some company for a little bit. parks less then 10 yards away. LMAO!!! made me laugh before i have to head to work

GOOD ONE!! another fisherman attractor is walking up to the shore while you have a pole in on the dock and run like crazy out to the pole and turn your back to the boat and take the 8" walleye off and be like aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh #$$%% it got away watch them come in.. its like skeeters on a light bulb