Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
walleye4

Past few weeks report

6 posts in this topic

Well, I've been really busy and haven't had much computer time the past 3 weeks. Between making jigs, visiting baitshops, and working on my new HSOforum, time hasn't really been on my side.

I been getting out about once a week and mainly just hitting Johnson's Lake for walleye. We have been getting a ton of shorts with a few good eaters mixed in. Tactics that have been working are slow death/crawlers, lindy rigs with leeches, and drifting Wally Special or Wally Drift'r jigs w/ crawlers and leeches.

I went on my 1st baitshop tour this past Friday working my way south into Kansas. I stayed with my best friend and tourney partner in Russell all weekend. We did a little fishing Saturday morning @ Wilson Lake and managed to catch about 40+ walleye. We also caught many other species along with the walleye including white perch, catfish, smallmouth bass and stripers. We stayed away from the crowds fishing shallow and focused our efforts on deep water structure(rock piles). We were fishing anywhere from 20-45' using Wally Special jigs tipped with crawlers to keep from getting snagged all the time. Fished from 7am - 11:30am and I only lost 1 jig. After we took care of some business, we went back out but went to a private pond in search of crappie and bluegills. Didn't find the bluegills but the crappie were in pre-spawn feeding mode and we did pretty good for only fishing about 2 hours. We caught 40 or so crappie that ranged in size from 8" - 14"+. We kept 13 to eat and let the rest restock the pond!

Here are a few pics from the past few weeks! Enjoy

A limit of walleye from Johnson's Lake.

Fishing5-2009010.jpg

My buddy Scott with a couple nice eaters from Johnson's Lake.

Fishing5-2009011.jpg

1st walleye of the day @ Wilson Lake in KS. Caught less then 1 minute of dropping the trolling motor to start the day. Caught in 45'of water.

Fishing5-2009009.jpg

Our overall keepers for the day. 4 white perch, 8 walleye, 13 crappie

Fishing5-2009008.jpg

Hope to take my oldest son out on Friday! Until then it's back to the work!

Greg, did you get your site up yet? Jigs worked out well in Canada. Hope daughter is doing well!!

Greg, did you get your site up yet? Jigs worked out well in Canada. Hope daughter is doing well!!

The site isn't quite ready yet! Been working more on trying to get my daughter better! I should have it up and ready within a couple weeks! We just have to do the pricing and Checkout cart yet!

Glad the jigs worked well for you up in Canada! wink I'll send you a pm with my site address, don't know if I should put it up here or not. Don't want to get into any trouble!

Glad to hear it. Work on that daughter. She needs to take over the business someday. Lets try to get together this Fall and you can show me some of your hotspots. This heat is already killing my motivation mad

Glad to hear it. Work on that daughter. She needs to take over the business someday. Lets try to get together this Fall and you can show me some of your hotspots. This heat is already killing my motivation mad

I would love to get together this fall. Maybe we can do a trip to Wilson in KS for the fall sppon bite!

Greg, did you get your site up yet? Jigs worked out well in Canada.

Sean, site is done! PM sent with the address. Tell everyone about it!