Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jeff Jr.

radio in my Pro-V

8 posts in this topic

The radio in my Pro-V is not working. I have power to it and the display works but I get no sound. Is it possible the speakers are shot? Will the water resistant speakers put up with the pounding (and dousing) they can take on Mille Lacs?

Any thoughts?

Jeff

Possible mouse problem?? Just a thought. I have a Pro-V myself. On mine, to access the back of the console and radio, I remove the glove box. You might want to take a look and see if the 'mousie electrical squad' has been working overtime. I know...you ask what would mice want to do with wiring, Well...They'll have to be able to repair stuff after humans are gone, won't they?? grin They're just practicin'!! Phred52

if u havent puled your speakers off take a look there first if ur fishing milac'a quite a bit the wires may have come off on the speakers..or u can buy another pair of speakers or get some from some body and hook them up and see if they work..keep box and receipt so if you need to take them back..that is where i would check first to narrow it down

Definitely check the wiring to the speakers, that sounds like the culprit to me. A loose connector, or as mentioned above, mice are often the culprit.

I've checked all of the above. I'm assuming the speakers may have gotten too wet but maybe not. I'll have to buy speakers and switch them out.

Jeff

It seems odd to me that none of them work, or that they all stopped working at the same time if the speakers were the culprit.

Are you sure you didn't bump a fader / balance control?

I'd also check the connector on the back of the radio where the speaker wires connect to make sure it's not a loose connection.

marine_man

I would check the wire harness in the back of the deck as well, maybe that's loose?

Everyone else says it could be wiring, but unless a mouse did a good number on plenty of your wires, I would find it hard that both speakers are knocked out.

If you have only 2 speakers, check and make sure the fade is set correct.

Checking the adapter in the back is a good idea, but most adapters are either in or out....so likely if you had no speakers, potentially your radio wouldn't get power either.

If the speakers were "shot" or blown, I'd also think you'd at least get crackling out of them. You can try switching them to the "rear wiring" to see if that helps.

Pending on the age of the head unit, I would go out on a limb and possibly say your "amp" in the head unit is shot and you aren't getting any power for the speakers from that. If that is the case, time for a new head unit. I have seen "kids" before hook up a 12 volt light to amps before to give a "blink" when their subs hit. I would think you could use a 12 volt tester to see if you are getting power out of the head unit to a speaker.

Good luck in your tests and lets us knwo what you find!

Steve