• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Alumacraft boat owners?

Esoxmn

I have a 08 trophy that has leaked a little since the day a bought it , i was curious if others have vad this problem.

I was on leech on opener and noticed alot of alumacrafts coming in and pumping water out the bilge.

'06 175 Tourney Pro. Not a drop out of the bilge, unless waves over the back, or rain. Got into the habit of running the bilge every so often with previous boat (SmokerCraft) as it just had a slow leak somewhere. Annoying, but not uncommon.

001.jpg

1995 Trophy 190 - Been pounding the big water on Leech with no leaks since I bought it new.

Alumacraft has a 20 year hull warrenty - I would call the engineering dept. in St. Peter.

My paint had a couple of fade spots after about 3 years - I had to haul it to St. Peter, but they repainted it for free and paid for my gas.

Since you didn't say where it leaked or maybe you don't know - I would pull the plug when it's on the trailer and let it fill just short of the floor with water. Put the plug back in - drive it up level to dry and see if you can locate a leak.

I hope you can resolve the problem - good fishing.

Do you perhaps notice this "leak" when the livewell(s) have water in them?

I don't know about the '08 Trophy design, but if it's anything like an '02 Trophy 175 that I am familiar with....the livewell overflow was the culprit. IIRC, the overflow tubes in the livewells were too long, water would overflow and leak over the livewell edge and into the hull. Once we made some modifications, no more issues.

If you have a leak with no water in the livewells, then inspect all hoses for a loose fitting (like someone said already).

Still can't find the leak, contact Alumacraft customer service and I'm sure they'll help you out.

My old Tournament Pro had a much better livewell system and never a leak.

I feel for you. Leaks can come in all shapes and sizes, not always from the hull. Here's my story, not sure if it will help you but it's an interesting read anyway.

Owner 1: My Uncle bought a 1994 Tracker tiller brand new. It went years without ever leaking, then one day he noticed a small leak, after years of chasing it around and never getting it fixed he sold it to me (fully disclosing the small leak).

Owner 2: (Me) I tried everything I could think of, the livewell, the lines running to the livewell, the plug, I filled the boat up with water on the trailer and watched for leaks in the hull, nothing. Then I sold it to a guy a few years ago (fully disclosing the leak).

Owner 3: Calls me up 5 months later to tell me this story. The RPM and Speedo gauge were fogging up so he took it in to get them replaced, turns out the hose to the water pressure gauge (I've never seen another boat with a water pressure gauge) had come off inside the console and had been spraying water around in there for all these years. Mystery Leak Solved!!

2001 Navigator Tiller - I had a slow leak, did the fill it with water test and it turned out to be the plug. Switched plugs - dry as a bone since then (unless rain or waves). How much water are you talking about - I've NEVER had enough for the bilge pump to even pick it up. Interesting. Paul

I had a similar problem with an 05 Navigator Sport. I can't say that I know what caused it, but the rear livewell was filling up when on plane and once it was full it would leak over the edge and I was constantly having to run the bilge. It did not have a open/shut valve on the drain only a plug, so I installed a valve after seeing water spraying in through the drain when on plane. Of course, that did not solve the issue and I continued to have the same problem until I put a rubber stopper in the rear livewell overflow, from the outside, which solved the problem. For whatever reason, maybe someone can enlighten me, water is being forced against the transom with enough pressure to sneak past the rubber flapper for the livewell overflow and to push out the rubber stopper for the livewell drain. I solved the problem, but now I can't use the rear livewell for anything.

53orbigger

I have the same livewell overflow issue on my 03 Tourney Sport. I just keep track of the bilge and pump now and again. Make the call to St. Peter, they should be able to help if there is another issue.

We would always pump a little water out of an older Alumacraft we had, 87 competitor, and could not figure it out. Then a light bulb went off, and we found, as someone above mentioned. We would leave the livewell pump on and it would pump in water faster than the drain could let it out smile That was before the day of timed aerators.

Something for sure to check.

Our 97 TP175 is tight as a drum, and so is our 82 Classic 16 (after we found out that we had put the tip of a screw through the hull when installing new floor, doh!).

Just bought a new 08' Classic 165 and only had it on the water 5 times. Everytime it seems to have about a quart or 2 of water in it when I get off the lake. Never bad enough that I needed to turn on the bilde. But bad enough. Its brand new for christ sakes!

First time off I tightened the drain plug and since that I have a little in it each time . Granted it was windy and I do have splash guards but it does seem to have more water in it then it should.

I currently have the nose up high now ( it drains very poorly for some reason)and am going to dry it out totaly and hit the water for a few hours on the next calm day.

If it has water again,, I'm calling Alumacraft. Hopefully they don't need to rip it apart to get at whats leaking.

I have a 94'alumacraft also that has never leaked a drop since I owned it.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on the next outing.

I have an 89 Trophy, can't find the leak. If I leave it in over night at my dock, she would sink I bet. So bad I put an automatic bildge pump in. I've caulked fittings, filled with water and no leak out. No cuts in skin and no loose rivets I can find.. This is all while the live well is empty and drained. Next boat will have to be all welded, can't give a nice reference to Alumacraft