Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sx2

wheelhouse hole lights

6 posts in this topic

i'm looking on installing hole lights in my wheelhouse. i have seen somewhere someone installed lights in the holes they looked like bb led lights. or if anyone has any other light ideas, please post up thank you.

Definitely use the LED lights. Puck style ones are great for spot lighting, such as in holes. They are pretty indestructible and use significantly less power. You can find them pretty much everywhere nowadays.

Puck style are circular and mounted directly over the holes on the ceiling. They are great if you do not have a wall next to your holes. If there is a wall next to them go with wall mount ones instead of the overheads. I prefer the wall mount because you don't get your shadow over the hole when landing fish or looking at your bobber. When it comes to lights only buy LED lights. They are brighter and you seldom if ever need to replace them. I also recommend putting toggles on each individual light so you can have them off or on when needed. You won't regret it.

We use the Lodge fish houses at our resort. They use wall mounted hole lights in their units. The run a separate switch to light one side or the other side or both sides at once. Similar to theater lighting. As a dealer - if you'd like I can order them through the manufacturer (Distinct Builders) for you.