Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DTro

mmm.....that is goooood

12 posts in this topic

Ready for the Grill:

0519091908-1.jpg

Add in a medium rare filet mignon with a dash of cilantro and a glass of sweet desert wine.

yummy smile

0519091928-1.jpg

special thanks to Mr X (the unnamed morel scout with the eagle eye)

Awesome! I'm debating on whether to eat mine. Had em in a paper bag for a week and figure they'll be good as long as no mold. How do you know there's not bugs in them whole ones?

I soaked them for a while, drained water, them sliced in half, then rinsed again. They just look whole.

Looks great Dtro. I know when I saute mine with a steak, I enjoy the morels more than the steak.

I also soak and cut mine in half. Then I rinse them well to get any dirt and sand out of the skin so when I eat them they don't crunch between my teeth where dirt or sand may have been.

Hollow stem =good correct?

Not sure that the "stem" part is accurate. I believe the "head" gets filled with a cottony substance on the False Morels.

Mmm, that does look good! I am frying some up for lunch today. It'll be my first attempt at making any myself, so cross your fingers for me that I don't screw them up! lol

Well, I must say, I think they turned out just fine, and tasty too! The belly is one satisfied customer!

Quote:
Hollow stem =good correct?

On the morels, yes

I have always heard it this way: "If its hollow, its safe to swallow"

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I'm getting pretty far ahead of myself, but I'm beginning to wonder if another trailer ramp spring would be the way to go for raising the back bunk.  I've never used one before, but I'm sure you can set the tension so it's well below the maximum and it wouldn't take so much effort to pull it down.  Just put up some guide rails and spring latches to latch it in the down position.  Any thoughts?
    • -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------             And.....you pay for it all.    
    • Well that sure "Trumps" anything else going around and around on in this site today!
    • Yeah you're right, my bad. Yes, the line is awful. 
    • It was a false start on the OL and another one could have been called on the 2nd attempt.  The OL is just BAD, probably the worst I've ever seen for a vikings team.  It seems like few teams put a high priority on the OL.  A good OL can make an average qb, wr, and rb look awfully good when it gives them time and opens holes.  A bad OL can also make a great qb, wr, rb look awfully bad.
    • OLE77, They did replace the valve cover when they did the STP treatment at 92,000 miles; it made no lasting difference.    delcecchi, I have the 5.3 engine.  I'm guessing I need new rings, that seems to be what everyone tells me.   Down2Earth, When I initially brought it in, Village told me they had never heard of the problem.  When I returned (I had then googled it and heard about the AFM and many, many people who have gone through this), they changed their tune and pointed the finger at GM as not letting them properly fix it.  What a joke.   I've attached a photo of the plugs I changed out last week.  This is now a monthly ritual for me.  Great, really looking forward to changing these out in my driveway this Jan.  Grrrrrr.
    • I bought 2 fans off Amazon for $18 each and there 110v. There 5"x 5" and about 4" deep. I was thinking about mounting them under the heater. Or would it be better to but them in a woodbox and mount on to?. They say there good for 69,000 hr of run time.
    • To bad we had an holding penalty that made us attempt it from the 7.
  • Our Sponsors