• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Tiling ?

jerkbait

I am dazed and confused. We are going to be putting tile down on the concrete floor. I am going to be using redgard for a crack isolation membrane. Where I am confused or curious is we just got done spraying the interior wood with polyurethane and the overspray is all over the concrete. Will the redgard still bond to the concrete or will the polyurethane need to be removed? The house is new construction and nothing has been installed on the concrete before. Anyone have any experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

The concrete needs to be clean. A good rule of thumb is that it needs to absorb water, if a drop of water does not absorb, then it's not likely a good bond will be achieved. I would grind off the poly if it were me, hate to see this stuff come up right?

Don't use the redgard over saw cut joints or cold joints though. The ultimate in crack prevention products is called Schluter Ditra. Take a look at this product. Not sure on the price difference, I know Redgard isn't cheap either and I think that Ditra is about $1.50 sqft....but I think it's the better option... just my opinion though! Just pay close attention to the thinset types that you need to use with it. Modified under and unmodified over.