Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
echo2010

Replacing Vinyl Shutters on Vinyl Siding

4 posts in this topic

Alrighty then...

I have a house built in 2000. The original owners put up some cheapo Vinyl shutters that have now already faded into a pinkish mess.

Anyway, I am planning on ordering new ones from a place here in town. They have a 40 year guarantee against fading...YAY.

Anywho.

My house is Vinyl over that wafer board stuff (forgot actual name)wrapped in Tyvek I am assuming it would be best to plug the holes that the shutter screws put into the wafer board.

Would it be better to put like Tyvek tap under the siding? or just plug the hole with Silicone caulking?Maybe just laying the shutters on top of the other and lining up the holes?

I dont know. I am a pretty inexperienced homeowner if you couldnt tell.

Thanks in advance

you could tape the holes in the tyvek beneath the siding w/ tape, but personally I would just throw some clear caulk in the old holes and try to line up new shutters in the same as the old. your vinyl siding may not be as faded under thoseold ones. 40 Years against fading??? wow pick as lite of a color that you can. the darker the color the faster the fading.

You'll have to pull the siding off to tape the holes. Now you have more holes.

Use your old shutter as a template for the holes in the new shutter.

The new shutters with be the same size as the old so lining them up would be possible.

I would just have to make sure I mark the shutters upon removal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Sounds like the Preds and Pens were also hot after him so we won the bidding war, that would explain the price. We might end up facing the Preds in the first round so better we have him than them. Don't know much about Hanzel but from what I am reading he is big, good face off & pk guy and contributes a little offence. Maybe not a huge upgrade over Haula but having him on the 4th could be huge for us if him and Stewart can get something going. White looks kind of like a depth 4th liner so there is that as well. Should be a fun rest of the season, always fun to get new toys around March even if they haven't worked out in the past.
    •   And yet more credible than Trump:  
    •   Paradox : BD2 and an open mind.
    • It's been going on for years. Just look at how many times the Howard Stern show has pranked the news with fake guests.
    • Maybe some people feel a  lbgt,, black lives matter, sierra club, feminist, white guilt, supported candidate better represents them than say an NRA endorced candidate.
    •    I think they do as good of a job as to be expected. Pills are highly regulated. International web deliveries and dirty doctors are a little tricky to weed out.      Nope, we'll use your logic and decriminalize driving under the influence.   Problem solved.   Should eradicate fatalities of those types as since it is legal, it no longer appeals to folks, they stop doing it.     Explain in detail, in a country, filled with people who love over consumption, that consume 80% of the drugs on the entire planet, how that would work.   Start stuttering.     That's about right. One word in depth answers.   On an idea that will not work in this country.   "I think we can learn that we should stop being reflexively opposed when someone else does [decriminalize] and should take seriously the possibility that anti-user enforcement isn't having much influence on our drug consumption," says Mark Kleiman, author of the forthcoming When Brute Force Fails: How to Have Less Crime and Less Punishment and director of the drug policy analysis program at UCLA. Kleiman does not consider Portugal a realistic model for the U.S., however, because of differences in size and culture between the two countries.   http://content.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,1893946,00.html        It's your idea, you explain it and sell it.   You lazy fraud.
    • Wowza, I guess we are going for, no better year I suppose. We are now crazy deep at center and that is a good good thing, hopefully the new guys can mesh with the lineup right away.
    • So much fun to watch the media just lose all credibility, I suspect there will be more fun to come.

• I think he means keep the prisons full and the private prison industry in money at all costs. Welcome to the wonderful world of donor $$$ "trumping" common sense. Nothing like buying laws so you can profit, not that this is anything new.
    •   Easy for those who can see beyond their front window.  
  • Our Sponsors