• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Musky opener this weekend!

Waters north of Hwy 10 open this weekend for muskies, can't wait! So who else is gonna go 'lunge fishing?

I'm probably gonna hit the local rivers and fish near the dams, hoping they'll still be hanging from the spawn.

Sounds like a good weekend for me to stay off Yellow Lake huh? What with all you big fish hunters and those maxed out fishin' rigs and all?

I would be more concerned about the pleasure boaters or the walleye boats than I would about muskie boats. Muskie boats take up a pretty small percentage of the total boats.

You've never seen Yellow on the musky opener. eekgrin

Let me guess, a massive flock of mudducks descends upon Yellow L each musky opener! grin

All to catch a fish dumb enough to eat a 2X4 with hooks in it... wink and I still have trouble catching them! cry

Heading over to the in-laws place in Iron Cty and hitting a small lake and hopefully the Gile on Monday. Pitching my all-time favorite early season bait, the blue/white #11 floating rap smile

I just made plans to hit Old Abe flowage early AM, then will hit the local rivers in the afternoon/evening - sounds like the weather should be very nice to fish in, hopefully the fish are active.

Cooter I agreed I found out holcombe r host the bass tournament as well n plus pleasurer boater as well. Its was already busy wheni check out the lake today. Already pick out the lake I ll hit first thing 5am in morning. Hopefully I ll get some action if not I ll have a good experience fishing in wisc.

How was the opener for u guys? Mine was pretty good at least to me. Yesterdat spent nearly 13 hours on water with nothing to show except for strike in breakline 15 fow but dunno if its muskie for sure. Then fished on holocombe today fir first time. Boated low 30s right at boatside. I was snap, pause, pull jake till I let it rise right by boat then out of nowhere muskie smashed it.. And bad early hookset on nicer fish on shallow invader. All fish came from 10 fow or more. Holocombe become white bear lake in evening with all disrespectful pleasure boater so left earlier than expected.