Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Fishpondc

Big Marine Bass

6 posts in this topic

I Dont usually fish bass on purpose, but I have a friend that lives close to this lake and was wondering if anyone out there has a few tips on what to use, where to start, etc... any thoughts would be appreciated

Big Marine is a decent lake, very good numbers, but generally not known for size. Its a very clear lake, early season the bass should be up in the weeds, inside weed edges are going to be best. I cant think of a spot on the lake that there shouldnt be bass early season, just work the shoreline with a soft plastic jerkbait or senko type bait. Once summer rolls around, outside weed edges will by the key.

There may not be a ton of big girls, but trust me, there's a few. I know of a couple of 7lb (23"+) bass that have come out of there. Also, it's probably the best pike lake in the metro, and you'll usually tussle with a few nice-size toothy critters in a day of bass fishing.

Work those 8 to 12 foot weed lines. I've had decent luck with crank baits early too.

Was just out their tuesday evening to do a little pre-tourney fishing, got mostly little guys. Shallow weed/cattails and docks seemed to be working ok. Picked a few up in 8-12ft cranking. Not much for size.

My five year old had a BLAST pulling in Bluegills on Big Marine yesterday. Small ones, but it doesn't take much to satisfy a kid!

I threw a buzzbait through some reeds and pads when I wasn't helping her out. Didn't connect with anything, but even with the water low I saw some very good spots on that lake.