• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

30.30lb bag possible during Mntka Classic?

turn_in_poachers

it's possible. on some good days i've had in the past, i've caught enough bass in a day that if i were to keep the eight biggest, it would go low 30's. they would all be 4 lbs each min or offset by a 5's n 3's. but it is possible.

it's always harder on tourny day bcuz u don't have the whole lake to urself like when just fishing on the weekdays.

thats only a 3.8 lb average. which isnt that hard to get on big waters, especially during the pre spawn. if you fish really finesse and natural, usually you will get quite a few nice fish. even with so many other anglers on the lake.

if i could keep 8 of my biggest fish on some of my better days, i can usually push into the low to mid 30s. and that is in the summer.

Yeah i was thinking, during a tournament with 100+ boats zippin around with recreational boats out also, that should add to the pressure. but, I dont fish Minnetonka much so... thats cool. I'd like to see somebody bring in a monster bag with two 7lb'ers or something.

Is it possible? Yes of Course!

Will it happen...No way...

on average for the last 4 years there were what about 115 boats

heaviest weight being last year for 8 fish at 29.74lbs

year before that 26.86

and 26.02 before that

wait a sec...bags are getting heavier each year...

ok so maybe this is the year it happens! LOL

The Sturgeon Bay bass tourney had several boats that broke that mark with a 6 fish limit. Different body of water but there are plenty of big fish in Minnetonka, just a matter of one angler finding enough of them.

Yes I do beleive it is not only possible but could likely occur. I have fished tourneys on Tonka where 20lbs on 5 fish did not even cash a ck. Tonka has the bass to do it but it will be catching the big girls that makes the diff. Good Fishing!!

The Sturgeon Bay bass tourney had several boats that broke that mark with a 6 fish limit. Different body of water but there are plenty of big fish in Minnetonka, just a matter of one angler finding enough of them.

Yeah, my boss was telling me on Monday... his friend fished it. they saw somebody bring in a 6 fish smallmouth limit that went 32 or so pounds.... they just held their head down and walked away. An article in In FIsherman said nightly tournaments on Erie are won with a 2 fish smallmouth limit............. that weighs 14lbs. Ouch son.

TB, I would like to see you break the 30 lb mark as long as I can have 30.1#. Actually, there is alot being taken for granted in some who think this is gonna be a shoot out. The weather and moon could hurt the big girls being around and the post I made earlier about it already having been done was a Super 30 that occurred during a late postspawn/summer feedbag pattern not a spawn/post spawn pattern which is most likely gonna be closer to the pattern at the Classic. Then again I have not been in Minnesota for about a month and have no real idea of what the weather has been like or where the temps are on the big lake. Anyone want to help me out?

It wont be any easy battle for sure... Often it seems as though a lot of the fish get burned from dennys. Either way, a possible 40k payout for the chance of wieghing 30.30 pounds for 8 is enough to turn my head big time! Best of luck to those fishing!

Denny's is full meaning 60 boats I think? Not sure about the number though I know it is full. Probably 3/4 of the Denny's field are fishing the Classic too, so I am sure there will be some overlap and areas getting burned either by the tournament or guys practicing. Having lived on the lake I can tell you the amount of daily pressure is amazing even on non tournament prefishing weeks. The fact that two big events are also tied into Opener with various club events possibly, and the fact tonka is a good lake and in the metro area will always mean for alot of pressure. If I were wanting a really big bag of fish, I am thinking 30' rockpiles and weightless flukes would be the best way for all you other guys in the tournament to fish. No need to thank me for the inside tip.

You can pray all you want but you need to get the line in the water. MMM if you are one of the two, and I am the other, that doesnt leave much. Actually I am thinking it is gonna be a tough bite looking at this warming trend NOW and the moon phase. The first two lines were meant in humor, just so ya all know.