• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Razor with tracks?

benelli_dude2002

yeah we was having a discussion the other day and they think they can do it but I told that they couldnt and I would have to say no as well. I told them that they would have to put a trail permit just like you would do with a snowmobile. i told them they best look into it. of all the miles i logged on our state snowmobile trails I have never seen a side by side or wheeler with tracks running down the trail. plus i was just kinda hoping to prove them wrong. haha

the added weight might actually bump the RAZR over the weight limit of 1500 lbs and then it would be classified as an OHV. I think either way, that's what it would be considered if a person were to be technical about it.

i didnt research this too much but i thought i would check into this for a friend of mine. A Razor with tracks, in the winter, can they legally operate this an a groomed snowmobile trail? any help would be much 'preciated. thanks

A snomobile is defined by the state of MN as:

The legal definition of a snowmobile is a self-propelled vehicle designed for travel on snow or ice steered by skis or runners.

2008-2009 regs page 18

Snowmobiles operating on state and grant-in-aid trails must have a Snowmobile State Trail Sticker.

Originally Posted By: benelli_dude2002
i didnt research this too much but i thought i would check into this for a friend of mine. A Razor with tracks, in the winter, can they legally operate this an a groomed snowmobile trail? any help would be much 'preciated. thanks

A snomobile is defined by the state of MN as a vehicle with ski(s) on the front and track(s) on the back.

No mater what you need a snowmobile tag to ride on most groomed snowmobile trails.

wish they would make them bike riders buy that permit also!

ill stick with my pickle that can go anywhere you want.... just out of cerioustiy how fast woulda ranger with tracks go?

They say you loose 40% of your top speed with tracks.

With my mule top speed is 25 mph so that calculates to about 15 mph top speed with tracks, which seems about right.

That don't seem to fast but it is alot faster than 0 mph when you are stuck. smile

I think the top speed on a ranger is around 55 to 60.

so that would mean a top speed of 33 to 36 mph.