Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Great Blue Machine!

7 posts in this topic

One of the most stealthiest of 'em all!

Stocking silently in search of prey...

IMG_7602-1.png

Prey located and now locking in on target...

IMG_7612-1.png

Swam, thank you very much...

IMG_7617.png

Time to sawllow down the spoils...

IMG_7618-2.png

One happy camper!

IMG_7620-1.png

Lovely - we have a couple near the cabin, but they never want to hang around long if we are outside, and I usually can't see them until they are flying away. crazy

wow great series Stu!!

hey, a guy I work with told me of a blue heron at his house, he was watching, catching a small muskrat and eating it!! I didn't think they ate rodents!!?? did you? of course this fella was sittin on his deck drinking beers too,, soooooooooooooooo,, lol grin

wow great series Stu!!

hey, a guy I work with told me of a blue heron at his house, he was watching, catching a small muskrat and eating it!! I didn't think they ate rodents!!?? did you? of course this fella was sittin on his deck drinking beers too,, soooooooooooooooo,, lol grin

Thanks all for your comments...Gator, now that is funny! grin

As for a heron or any other predator, "yup" rodents and anything else they can kill and comsume is on their radar (or should I say menu) grin

Well now you have hit another of my favorite birds! What a nice action series. Being on the river, I have a blue heron kitchen. Someday I will have a photo of my own to add to the collection, but like Jackie, I have always managed to scare them away.