Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jonny_redhorse

"Shorebirds!"

14 posts in this topic

I had the good fortune to come across a couple of shorebirds which I've never seen before....a pair of American Avocets!...beautiful creatures to say the least....and they let me get quite close for quite a few images(digiscoped from about 50')...a good morning!.... grin

DSCN6504-1copy.jpg

the couple....

DSCN6460-3.JPG

DSCN6534-1.JPG

DSCN6472-1.JPG

resting...

DSCN6537-1.JPG

Gorgeous! and lucky you, I would love to see Avocets some day, where did you find them, and please don't tell me Cary Lake! smile

The plumage on these is top notch!

Really pretty, jonny. That fourth one has such an emotional pull to it.

Those are birds I've never seen. I love the coloring. I like the way the 3rd one has his head cocked.

Thanks everyone!....yes Shawn!...Carey Lake it is and was! grin....every year shore birds of various species use the sandy beach area for resting and feeding...today it was avocets... they were on the beach for a good 3 hours and were still there when I left...somedays it's the yellowleg family...the plovers/killdeer were there also today....but I was really concentrating on these avocets this morning....and literally no one around!...just moi! grin...you are certainly welcome to "come see" anytime!.....

a few more images of these beautiful birds...

DSCN6463-2copy.jpg

DSCN6363-2.JPG

DSCN6443-4.JPG

avocetonthewing.jpg

P1080460-1.JPG

That is really sick! I never realized that Carey Lake held such potential, thanks for the insight.

Wow, great shots! I saw them last night at Carey Lake. They were across from the beach where the "Sea plane" dock is. I had no idea what they were, but I do now! I brought my dog swimming down there and we scared them back to the beach side of the lake. You never know what kind of migrants will show up at Carey Lake. I even heard some sticks being hit against trees on my way out...... shocked

Those are some awesome shots of a cool looking bird. The first two shots are fabulous.

Way to go jonny!

gorgeous birds!! another bird we don't get around here,, love them!!

Lol!...Oh Ya!....I forgot about Bigfoot grin....maybe this year he'll make another showing grin