• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where to wade for pike near ST Cloud.

For some reason I got this crazy idea this winter that fly fishing for pike sounded like fun. So I picked up a few pieces here and there and started fishing this past week. The good news is I finally learned how to cast the thing... most of the time :P Now the problem is I have no idea where to fish for the things. I have no boat but I'm willing to let a little water seep over the top of my waders to catch fish. If anyone has suggestions within a half hour of Saint Cloud I would appreciate the tips.

Try the Rum river. You'll have a good chance at both pike and smallies and the outside chance of taking a walleye or two. Alot of stretches are easily wadeable and good fishing is accessable within walking distance of most landings. You could also try wading the Mississippi river again wadeable with a good chance at smallies and pike with an occassional walleye thrown in the mix. Good luck!

Tunrevir~

Thanks for the spots guys, I'll post up when I get a chance to get out and hit some of these up. I'm thinking of doing the Miss tomorrow or Thursday since I live all of a mile away. If anyone else has some spots they dont' mind sharing drop a post plz. And if anyone is curious about the Sunburg (near Willmar) area lakes I'd be happy to help out.