• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Me and my girls!!

chasineyes

After finally breaking down and buying another wheeler for the wife and daughter, I am glad we did it!!! They had a lot of fun saturday. We rode by akeley from 11:00-5:30 and there was no whinning, complaining etc., at all!! My 4 year old loves hitting the mud puddles and the 8 year old likes the "jumps". Now I just have to get better with directions. Got lost at the end and a little nervous as we were down to 1/4 tank of gas. Just have to replace the rear wheel bearings and back up this weekend for some more hopefully "warmer" riding!!! I'll try to post some pics.. laugh

chas, great to hear they had fun. I have Deer Hunted and ridden wheelers up by Akeley for years. Great spot and not many riders out there! Pick up a snowmoble Map at one of the stations in town and have it on the wheeler. Thats a big area up there and you can get lost without a map. There's a new little bar about 3-4 miles up hwy 64 out of Akeley back off the highway you can ride right to on the wheelers for lunch, kind of nice and I think they open up at noon. Make sure you have a ceil phone with little kids to call help and check for service when you get there. Have fun! smile Leech~~

Oh yes the Stompin Grounds, that was the name of it. Pretty nice place for being out in the middel of no where! You can also ride into town, but I hate riding the ditches that far with kids hanging on the back!

chasin, My kids are all grown up and off on their own. I sold one of my wheelers, and kept one but do not really have anyone to go riding with. If you wouldn't mind a third wheel that knows the trails up there like that back of my hand. Maybe I could hookup with your crew to go for a day ride sometime this summer? I keep my wheeler up at our camper in Brainerd so it is always ready to go and only a hr from the Stompin Grounds! smile Leech~~