• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Morneau

DHanson

Well, looking back at the first 3 pages of threads we have a Mauer, a Kubel, a Crede, a Cuddyer, a Delmon Young, a Baker, a Gomez, a Harris, and a (cough) Crain thread. I can't believe there isn't a fresh Morneau thread. This guy is on fire this year, and I have to say if it wasn't for the M and M boys, well, this team would be kind've boring. Since a few of us guessed how many homeruns Mauer will have at the end of the year, I figured we could guess for Morneau as well. He is currently second in the league with 12 homeruns, hitting .324 with 32 RBIs. At the rate he is going, he is projected to hit .324, 51 homeruns, and 136 RBIs. I'll guess 33 homeruns, the same as his jersey number. Over/Under 35 HR?

What do you guys think? Maybe another MVP season if the Twins can get it together and make the playoffs?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but keeping in tune with some of the other threads on here, wouldnt it be nice if Morneau got a homer every time? I mean really, he gets out more than he gets a hit. I wish he would not fly out as often as he does and he strikes out more than he walks. Just yesterday for example, he struck out LOOKING. Didnt even try and hit it. What the twins need is a first basement who never gets out. take that Negative Nellies!

Having said all that, Morny is prolly my favorite player with a very slight edge over Mauer.

In response to:

Poster: CodyDawg

Subject: Re: Morneau

Yeah, but keeping in tune with some of the other threads on here, wouldnt it be nice if Morneau got a homer every time? I mean really, he gets out more than he gets a hit. I wish he would not fly out as often as he does and he strikes out more than he walks. Just yesterday for example, he struck out LOOKING. Didnt even try and hit it. What the twins need is a first basement who never gets out. take that Negative Nellies!

Having said all that, Morny is prolly my favorite player with a very slight edge over Mauer

And last night he went 4/5, but struck out again looking when the would have been the tying run...what gives with that?? laughlaugh

struck out swinging...

Kind of hard to call those swings... all 3 of them gringringrin

bad at bat for an example, but I agree he is stud. If the Twins make the playoffs, he'll get serious consideration for MVP if his numbers hold steady. He did fade pretty bad last year. Both Morneau and Mauer are a couple of the best.

We should consider ourselves very lucky, not only do we have 2 of the top 10 players in baseball (Mauer and Morneau), we have two of the top ten nice guys in baseball.

I have a feeling these two will be around for quite a while in a Twins uni.

Mauer 31 HR

Mourneau 43 HR

His body is maturing, and there's some new found strength there. That combined with his sweet swing, will only lead to more homers. His homers so far this year, at least most of them, have been almost non-intentional ones. Those would have been fly outs last year. I really think Mauer should choose one at bat a game to swing for the fences. It's something that Mourneau seems to be doing these days.