Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burchoid

Where have you found morels this year?

5 posts in this topic

Not saying to give out specific areas or GPS waypoints or anything, but lets post how we found them this year! Sort of like the 'whats working now' threads in the other forums.

Today I found 15 yellows in sandy soil on a west facing berm. A week or two ago I found 70+ yellows and greys with a friend on a south/southeast sandy-soiled berm under dead cottonwood, as well as under newly sprouted ferns next to a dead cottonwood.

South /southeast facing slopes or something with good morning sunlight anyway. Soil is mostly richer with moss and prickly ash around the area. Dead trees either standing or not.

Now this weekend was a more flat area that was not really related to sunlight. I think it was more about decaying wood.

All of my finds this year have been near dying elms trees with most of the bark still on them. South side of the woods...not right on the edge though. Mossy areas are always good as they seem to hold more moisture.

i found about 200 yellows and a scattering of grays while turkey hunting the last several days. SE MN, on an east facing ridge, in areas with less leaf litter about a third of the way up the ridge. Next to live oak trees.

We found a few dozen in the DL area today.

Seemed to be low areas cloose to Elm trees. There were a few pine trees mixed in as well.Seemed like south east faceing hill bottoms