• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hooked a big one

Scott K

This year so far has been pretty slow for me in the boat. Although the passengers have been catching stuff. I took my brother out with me last night, he hasn't been cat fishing for about 10 years. We seen all kinds of wildlife, eagle, beaver, geese, and deer. The mosquito's were not out at all last night, if only it would have been about 20 degrees warmer, and less windy it would have been a great night to be out fishing. The night was slow, with one run and about 10:30 we decided to call it quits. I reeled my pole in, and my brother said he had a snag, but it was coming in. He got it up to the boat, and the first thing I seen was a huge mouth of a flathead. I quickly grabbed the net, and light, and couldn't believe my eyes. It was even a legal catch, he caught it in the mouth.

100_0492.jpg

100_0493.jpg

100_0494.jpg

100_0496.jpg

Once it was netted, we snapped a few pictures, I didn't get a chance to take measurement due to the awful stank this ghost fish was emitting sick . It looked like at one time it was a nice mid 30+ lb fish, but it must have went on a recent diet. It looks as though it wasn't all that long ago, since around the head there was still some meat on it. I have netted a lot of fish in my day, but never a ghost cat, it will be a trip that even though I was skunked, I will remember for a long time.

That is a very cool find Scott grin

Did you keep it?

If so we should make up a t-shirt that says "I was caught at the Belle Plain Catfish Contest last year" and put the shirt on this fish and take a couple pictures.

After we could e-mail them right downtown to the DNR fisheries department laugh

No I didn't keep it, that think stunk so bad, I wanted it out of my boat the second I caught wind of it. I know exactly where it is though, it is on the river bank.

That is a very cool find Scott grin

Did you keep it?

If so we should make up a t-shirt that says "I was caught at the Belle Plain Catfish Contest last year" and put the shirt on this fish and take a couple pictures.

After we could e-mail them right downtown to the DNR fisheries department laugh

Now that is funny right there!