• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FRUSTERATED!!!!

Burnham

If you have your own boat and you're only in high school your problems can't be that bad.

Lots of guys much older then you still can't afford that all important first boat.

Part of the deal when you have a boat is knowing that things will break and need fixing. Fortunately for you your boat breaking is just a small inconvienence and at worst keeps you from fishing for awhile. You have to remember that fishing is just a hobby regardless of how passionate we all might be for it, for most of it is not our life blood.

Learning to take these things in stride will make your life alot easier when you start facing real problems that have much more serious impacts on your life.

Wait til you have a housing payment to make - but you're not living in it because you moved for work. So you're paying rent somewhere else, plus a house payment. I could buy a lot of fishing equipment without the additional payments. Since you're in high school, just understand that this experience is preparation for life - keep notes so you don't repeat the mistake!

yea i know i should be fortunate, but then again i have worked and put my own money into it ya know..about 1/3 of the times i go out i havent been able to actually get it to work, i just want to be able to go my 15 mph out on the lake on a consistent basis, nothin too fancy haha...but yea thanks for all the advice and such

Don't get discouraged from all of the negative comments about how much life sucks and blah blah... If you work hard and got to school you will be fine. Finding a woman that enjoys the outdoors as much or more than you is the key to happiness. It doesn't hurt if she has a decent job and all either.

Working on the boat is part of the fun, even though it does cost a little money now and then. But hey, money isn't any good if you don't spend it!

Keep going Guys! Another page or 2, and this thread has all the makings of a top 10 Country Western tune! laugh

now thats funny I liked that one. hey kid don't worry about your boat. I have friends of mine tell me how back their life is. all i said is "do you have a roof over your head? do you have food on the table? do you have friends and family?" of course they always say yes. Thats how I look at life. I know how you feel but don't worry its just a low spot in your life. buck up and you'll be back on your feet in no time. the fishing rod you have all I fish with is $30 poles and they work just fine.