• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

FRUSTERATED!!!!

Burnham

okay so after dropping about $50 bucks to get my motor tuned up and carb cleaned, i then purchased a tank for $30(i was borrowing one, and its a 3 prong old one), then needed another $20 to repair some stuff on the tank it...at this point i figured hey im all ready for the year...then a week later my $140 g loomis breaks, so i went out today with a cheap rod and my motor blows up(its a 1955 5.5 horse johnson)@$##@#$!!!! i have another motor but im going to have to clean the carb...it probably sounds like im just complaining, which i guess i am. but im a high schooler makin 8 bucks an hour and im trying to save for a mission trip. i am getting so darned frusterated with everything!!! all i want to do is for my stinking boat to work, im perfectly happy with a small boat and such as long as it works!!!!does anyone else have any stories of similar circumstances? PLEASE!! i am so Pi$$ed off because i cant afford anything else. if someone has any similar stories or something where they had a LOT of troubles with fishing stuff i would be glad to hear some so that i dont feel as bad!!!

sorry, needed to vent

Ryan Burnham

yea i guess...b.o.a.t. lol....yea im just happy that i have another motor to back up on, and i just took it out and im kind of sort of lookin forward to cleainin the carburator....but still bummed out cuz the motor that died my dad has had since he was 12, i plan on gettin it fixed when i have more money tho

Don't get me wrong, I love my boat, and my current one has been good to me, but there is some truth to a saying I heard once - "The two best days of owning a boat are the day you buy it, and the day you sell it." Hope things start turning around for you Burnham, and enjoy the missions trip!

If that's the worst of your problems count your blessings. Try a mortgage payment, a kid in braces, one in college, car payments and a spouse who's job went away and took half the household income with it due to the economic slump. I'll trade problems if you want to.

I remember going to holiday sports with my Dad growing up... Everytime I got something new rod, reel, whatever on the way home he would tell me and my brothers " all right now remember we don't have to tell your Mom how much this cost"

The week before I went on vacation, I spent over $1100 to find out my cat has a medical condition with his colon in which he will have to be on meds for the rest of this life (and the meds will run me about $70 every two months)...then this week on vacation I had to get the power steering pump in my car replaced. I hear you, when it rains it pours, but wait until you get out on your own. frowncrazy

And after catching over 50something sunnies the other night, I got skunked tonight!!!!! mad

heres my story today went to church and took the car with out the garage opener and got locked outa my own house for an hour, then decided to go fishing so i go to put the battery charger on, my way off the boat i trip and fall flat on my face 3 foot drop, then i get it off the trailer and pull the vehicle outa the lake, step on the boat and the wind pushes it right as i step and my foot and leg goes in the water then hip hits the dock and all my permits are bearly readable now.. i hear you on the blown motor, last year i put rebuilt my snowmobile 3 times.. why did it blow?

oh, wow...lol at the wife thing...hopefully she's never on this site!! anyways i dont know why it died, its 55 years old, but then again it was running perfectly fine..im pretty confident that i mixed the oil right, so im not really sure

no the hood is green, its a 1954-57 5.5 horse johnson...i have another 5.5 horse that just needs the carburator cleaned thats from the late 60's to early 70's..hopefully i can get it ready for next weekend

yea get married have kids then you'll have problems. Plus the best part is once you get married all the good s_x stops so enjoy it while you can.

Or while it lasts. Getting married is the cheap part, getting divorced isn't.

While I've experienced many problems in my life, mine and these above aren't as important as being healthy.

I never fished from a boat until I was 25. My parents couldn't afford one. I don't have a boat now (she got it in the settlement). I drive 1981 Chev truck with close to 250,000 miles. Fish from shore where I can. I've been unemployed doing odd jobs since last Sept. I live year 'round in my camper. My knees need replacing and my prescription costs are over $300 a month to help control my pain issues.

But, like my gramps said " It's a good day when your feet hit the floor in the morning "

Many people in our country and the world wish they had some of our problems.

Smile and enjoy the day - things could be worse.

Funny, when I was in high school I made six bucks an hour and had more money in my pocket than I have ever had since. Be happy your expenses are limited to fun and travel. When you leave the comfort of mom and dad's house you can work all day and night and only cover food, transportation and shelter. That's why you should sell the boat, forget the trip and save for college.

Not trying to be critical, and I am sorry you are having a bad run, but maybe some of the $$ for the G Loomis rod should have been put towards a better motor, or maybe towards saving for college. I know when I was working in HS I spent my money on car insurance, gas, food, and the rest went towards saving for college. I can afford to buy expensive rods, but all I fish with is cheap rods. I'm 35 and don't even have a boat, can't imagine having one in HS. The amount of money people spend on equipment boggles the mind........

Good luck to you, hope everything works out, and be thankful for what you do have, as it can all be taken away.