Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Catmendo

Portrait of a mink...

14 posts in this topic

She was not only very beautiful and interesting to sit observing as she scampered about, she was also not camera shy either! She never seemed overly bothered about my presence, that was my good fortune!

IMG_7923-1.png

Shorty after I captured this shot of her in the thick undergrowth, she began rolling around on her back in a playful manor!

IMG_7929.png

IMG_7974.png

Unfortunately I was a little to close and couldn't squeeze all of her in while she was stretched upwards testing the air...something seemed to smell interesting!

IMG_7980.png

...and last but not least, her portrait!

IMG_7994-1.png

Great captures Stu! Don't see many of those around, much less ones cooperative enough to let one take pics.

wow good on you to get these!! I see them around, and managed to get some shots of a mink late in the fall,, I'll try to post them for you to see,, these are super!! your a lucky dude laugh

Thank you both for your kind comments, glad you likes them!

Since I had so many decent pic's to choose from, I decided to throw in a few more...hope you enjoy!

Here she just before entering into the water.

IMG_7945-1.png

Upon entering.

IMG_7950-1.png

She seemed to enjoying her session in the water. But then again mink are as home in the water as they are on dry land! wink

IMG_7966-1.png

Having now left the water.

IMG_7976-1.png

Yet another curious glace my way!

IMG_7972-2-1.png

...and finally on more portrait to finish up...thanks you little beauty! wink

IMG_7975-1.png

Very sweet! Nice photos, too.

Great images of a critter we don't get too see often, at least not down here in the cities!

Sweet! Nice shots on a critter that doesn't like to stand still.

Thanks you all! She is a little darling and as previously mentioned she wasn't overly bothered about my presence at the time...lucky me!

Great photos, they would make great reference photos for doing taxidermy work.

Cool shots Stu!

One again tahnk you all, your comments are always appreciated and I'm glad that I could share you all, God bless!!!

wow they are all so grrrrreat!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   They are now making a cloth made out of trees and it seems like the plant is doing just fine. I have not noticed the "smell" since the conversion. Always made me wonder why the smell was the worst on weekends. Kinda thought that maybe the EPA did not work weekends 
    • We are heading back up to Isle Royale for the 4th holiday weekend ,,, Hope to have another video when we get back 
    •   My Father-in-law (a master plumber) always used to say you only need to know 3 things to be a plumber:          sh*t doesn't run uphill         payday is on Friday         the boss is an ahole      
    • I've been getting them at Costco,  I've checked slyvee and sams but never see them.  Although one of the butcher's at slyvee says he can get them which might not be a bad idea since you can have some fat cut off before you pay per #. I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and it was about 2.80 a #, which isn't too bad yet considering bacon in the store can run quite a bit more than that.  You making bacon or doing pork belly burnt ends moon lake?
    • Excellent summer fishing.  Charters catching strong numbers.  Jig/minnow or jig/leech and bouncers with spinners with crawlers or minnows still producing walleyes. When the wind is right for pulling spinners, they have been lights out.  Walleyes being caught in varying depths, 7-31' of water.  Some shallow shorelines still producing. Pike mixed in all over the lake.    Walleyes in the Rainy River with a better morning/evening bite.  Trolling cranks or pulling spinners a good idea to cover more water. Smallmouth bass are out and about along shorelines and feeder streams. Sturgeon fishing opens again Saturday, July 1st.     Up at the NW Angle, water temps are in the low to mid 60’s. Wind blown shorelines are giving up walleyes via leeches or crankbaits along the weed line. Crawlers on a  gold and/or orange spinner are producing fish out of the mud between 22 - 26 feet. On the Canadian side, bottom bouncers and spinners have been filling the livewells outside of monument bay between 24-28 feet.  Jigging near Skeet and Kennedy Islands have produced nice sized walleye and numerous perch. Great smallmouth action in Tranquil channel and the mouth of Johnston passage. Muskie fishing picking up with high 40” class fish being caught with a few 50's from shallow bottom bays or adjacent to them.
    • Busy time of year out there so if u get canceled it is hard to rebook especially with the smaller operations. Bummer though as it can be a lot of fun if they are biting. 
    • I understand that you never really know when the Warriors are going to fall off or if they even will.  Hopefully the Wolves can make the playoffs and gain some experience, maybe teach the rest of the team how to play defense, so that in a few years we are knocking on the door and can lure in a top free agent to put us over the edge.  Its just an awful tough time to be a good team right now with the Warriors so clearly heads and shoulders above everyone else.
    • I couldn't have said it better myself pikestabber!  We have to go out there and do what we can now and not try to set up for "when the warriors are old" cuz the way the NBA is going who knows what players may join forces to set up the next "Warriors" squad.  Heck maybe the Wolves will be that next team !!  I just really love the addition of Butler and from the sounds of it we are not done yet and I am excited to see what will happen in free agency and if we could really land the likes of Kyle Lowry one of the other PG's that are hitting the FA market.  Nice to see the Wolves making moves!!
  • Our Sponsors