Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
finnbay

Back Deck Color

Sorry for being absent the last couple of weeks. Currently working two jobs and some photo projects and just haven't clicked the shutter for awhile. I've been peeking in on occasion and there have been some extraordinary photos over the last few days! Good work everyone!

Kept the camera at my side while I was working this weekend, and didn't get out of the house. There was a lot of activity around the feeder, and here are a few of the quickies I took when looking up from my work:

BYC1.jpg

BYC2.jpg

BYC3.jpg

BYC4.jpg

BYC5.jpg

BYC6.jpg

Note the filoplumes discussed earlier this week:

BYC7.jpg

Great to see you are posting again! Gotta love them all. I'm getting alot of mileage out of the filoplumes since I learned about them from jonny. I like to share the imfo I get from this site with some of my friends.

Mike

Kenny, I am not sure what your ISo/shutter speed combo was on these... but is there a chance your lens is not calibrated right? It seems like all of these images are soft to me. If your SS is good, you might want to check and see if your having backfocus or some kind of focusing issue.

Buzz,

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid you're right. I've been looking at that myself as my 50D and 100-400 in combo seems to have been gradually moving that direction. I have to get in touch with Dan to get his method for using the 50D's software to match up with the lens, but just haven't had time to do it.

That combo is usually what I have by my side when I'm doing something else and have the camera along "just in case" because of the compactness and versatility. Unfortunately I've noticed a great dropoff in "keepers" lately and I think you've hit on the reason.

You spend alot of time out and about and have great opportunities for something special, it just makes sense to get it dialed in... heck, its quite an investment $$$ wise as well.

I'm sure Steve can help you. Good luck! wink

Mike

Buzz,

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid you're right. I've been looking at that myself as my 50D and 100-400 in combo seems to have been gradually moving that direction. I have to get in touch with Dan to get his method for using the 50D's software to match up with the lens, but just haven't had time to do it.

That combo is usually what I have by my side when I'm doing something else and have the camera along "just in case" because of the compactness and versatility. Unfortunately I've noticed a great dropoff in "keepers" lately and I think you've hit on the reason.