• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Back Deck Color

finnbay

Sorry for being absent the last couple of weeks. Currently working two jobs and some photo projects and just haven't clicked the shutter for awhile. I've been peeking in on occasion and there have been some extraordinary photos over the last few days! Good work everyone!

Kept the camera at my side while I was working this weekend, and didn't get out of the house. There was a lot of activity around the feeder, and here are a few of the quickies I took when looking up from my work:

BYC1.jpg

BYC2.jpg

BYC3.jpg

BYC4.jpg

BYC5.jpg

BYC6.jpg

Note the filoplumes discussed earlier this week:

BYC7.jpg

Great to see you are posting again! Gotta love them all. I'm getting alot of mileage out of the filoplumes since I learned about them from jonny. I like to share the imfo I get from this site with some of my friends.

Mike

Kenny, I am not sure what your ISo/shutter speed combo was on these... but is there a chance your lens is not calibrated right? It seems like all of these images are soft to me. If your SS is good, you might want to check and see if your having backfocus or some kind of focusing issue.

Buzz,

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid you're right. I've been looking at that myself as my 50D and 100-400 in combo seems to have been gradually moving that direction. I have to get in touch with Dan to get his method for using the 50D's software to match up with the lens, but just haven't had time to do it.

That combo is usually what I have by my side when I'm doing something else and have the camera along "just in case" because of the compactness and versatility. Unfortunately I've noticed a great dropoff in "keepers" lately and I think you've hit on the reason.

You spend alot of time out and about and have great opportunities for something special, it just makes sense to get it dialed in... heck, its quite an investment $$$ wise as well.

I'm sure Steve can help you. Good luck! wink

Mike

Buzz,

Thanks for the input. I'm afraid you're right. I've been looking at that myself as my 50D and 100-400 in combo seems to have been gradually moving that direction. I have to get in touch with Dan to get his method for using the 50D's software to match up with the lens, but just haven't had time to do it.

That combo is usually what I have by my side when I'm doing something else and have the camera along "just in case" because of the compactness and versatility. Unfortunately I've noticed a great dropoff in "keepers" lately and I think you've hit on the reason.