• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

We can finally fish again.

Bottle Fish

I was so happy to get up and see how cold it was till I looked outside and saw no wind. I'm heading to the lake as soon as possible to go fishing. Anyone else excited to get out again without the wind? I know I am.

I was so happy to get up and see how cold it was till I looked outside and saw no wind. I'm heading to the lake as soon as possible to go fishing. Anyone else excited to get out again without the wind? I know I am.

No wind is nice but not my preference. I'd rather have a wind but certainly this morning is a welcome change in terms of at least getting a break from it.

Good luck! Taking the day "off" today but will be back out Monday AM.

I don't remember the last day the wind wasn't howling. It wouldn't be so bad if it was the same direction for a few days but it is switching constantly. Man this is a strange weather pattern this spring.....

The wind and cold didn't keep me from my limit Saturday. Fished from shore near the Winnie Dam. Caught 9 walleye - kept 4. Lost a dozen jigs to snags. Had fresh fish for dinner and a snack later. Does it get better than that smile

i fished in the hurricane force winds on saturday morning.

As did I. Boat control was nearly impossible even on a smaller lake. We ended up settling in a small bay where the winds were swirling, and while not calm, allowed boat control to be possible.

i fished in the hurricane force winds on saturday morning.

man im with you there i did not know if the 15 bass boat i was in on saterday was going to make it back in the 3 foot waves that came up lol took about 4 over the bow of the boat and we took off trying to keep the bow up in the air on the way back lol eek

Hoping that a weather change will bring about an increase in the number of leeches being trapped. We've had to fight to get enough to supply everyone. It was a slow trapping month so far - but should hopefully pick up as water temps rise.