Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
polarsusd81

A few snapshots of Hunter today with a new toy!

5 posts in this topic

Playing around with the new toy today, testing the 550EX and then a trip to the park. Hunter was the recipient of a head wound the other day at his grandma's house when he jumped off the steps to the entryway of the house. Boys will be boys.

Am I waking up from my nap, or am I giving you a serious look? You decide.

3537167661_36ceb83e93.jpg

Like father, like son.

3537980202_c988ff8cba.jpg

(This one and the next were shot at F8 and 1/250th, and I think F5.6 would have brightened them up to a more acceptable level. Slower shutter speeds were not an option in these tests.)

Can't you see that I am busy dad? I am talking to grandpa and trying to take pictures, and you ask for this?

3537980160_9f1a29e8fc.jpg

I think I can, I think I can...

3537980108_be78feab03.jpg

Slides are for going down, not up.

3537167579_cf477c21b1.jpg

Never climbed on one of these before.

3537167627_9a8e3548e7.jpg

(He loves swings)

3537980062_c2bf230b7f.jpg

MY HAT!!!

3537980038_b729b51aa9.jpg

The first shots are not perfect, but I was testing different exposure combinations with the 1DmkII and 550EX. Did some eTTL and manual settings. The stuff at the park was just letting him have some fun and trying to capture some of the action. I do have to say, after shooting the 1DmkII, going back to the XT as backup is next to impossible. The only regret in buying is that my wallet can't afford to upgrade the rest of the equipment quite yet. The AF simply blows me away.

C&C appreciated. Thanks for looking.

Ouch! That looks like it hurts! Congrats on the new toy. I'm sure you'll get your monies worth out of it. My favorite is the last shot! I love the depth of field. It's a keeper for sure.

yep, boys will indeed be boys,, lol

I love that last shot! it's really cool!!

Personally I like the second one the best. If you look close you can see his curiosity. Great pic.

And yes boys will be boys. Mine received his first stitches to date at the age of three falling in the bath tub. And yes I said to date, I know it is only a matter of time with him.

Good work, Tom. Glad to see you've breaking in the Mk2 on a neat little subject. smile