• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance and Humbird help

CaptZ21

Here is my problem. I have a Lowrance 111 on the bow and a HBird 997 on the console. Obviously I cannot network the two and want to transfer my waypoint data from the Bird to the Lowrance as I plan on going with an HD Lowrance when the side imaging is released to the public. I know that somewhere there is software to do this but a bit of a 2nd gear brain on the information highway so to speak. Any help is appreciated, the Bird unit is less than a year old, it might be sold, if not, I am making a good deal on it. Thanks

Thanks for the information, it is just what I was looking for, I hope. MnFishguy, I am thinking of staying with Lowrance because I like the 111's size on the bow, being an old guy it is easier to read. Also, the HDs have some new programs that look interesting such as the weather feature. All of this is pending on how good their side imaging is though. The one fact is I will never own a boat without side imaging again. One giant step for fisherman, one hurting step for the fish.

I understand the size thing. It sure is nice looking at that big screen. The 1197 is relatively the same size as the bigger Lowrance units and you don't have any software issues and you can use a Navionics chip! grin This is my first year running a Humminbird on the console and doubt I will be going back to Lowrance anytime soon.

You cannot use EasyGPS for a Lowrance to Humminbird transfer.