Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CaptZ21

Lowrance and Humbird help

14 posts in this topic

Here is my problem. I have a Lowrance 111 on the bow and a HBird 997 on the console. Obviously I cannot network the two and want to transfer my waypoint data from the Bird to the Lowrance as I plan on going with an HD Lowrance when the side imaging is released to the public. I know that somewhere there is software to do this but a bit of a 2nd gear brain on the information highway so to speak. Any help is appreciated, the Bird unit is less than a year old, it might be sold, if not, I am making a good deal on it. Thanks

I dont know the answer to your question but I'll be interested in your bird unit if you need it sold.

I believe it can be done at the Humminbird HSOforum.

You will have to install Humminbird PC program to convert them.

I believe it can be done at the Humminbird HSOforum.

You will have to install Humminbird PC program to convert them.

Thats how you do it. Why not just ditch the Lowrance and put another HB on the boat?

I;ve never used the software but I hear lots of guys that like using EasyGPS for waypoint data saving and transferring

Thanks for the information, it is just what I was looking for, I hope. MnFishguy, I am thinking of staying with Lowrance because I like the 111's size on the bow, being an old guy it is easier to read. Also, the HDs have some new programs that look interesting such as the weather feature. All of this is pending on how good their side imaging is though. The one fact is I will never own a boat without side imaging again. One giant step for fisherman, one hurting step for the fish.

I understand the size thing. It sure is nice looking at that big screen. The 1197 is relatively the same size as the bigger Lowrance units and you don't have any software issues and you can use a Navionics chip! grin This is my first year running a Humminbird on the console and doubt I will be going back to Lowrance anytime soon.

You cannot use EasyGPS for a Lowrance to Humminbird transfer.

I was told by a friend that is a rep around later June or early July.

But, these things are always a little late. I have been waiting to see this new SI unit.

Does anyone know when Lowrance is going to release there SI??
From what I am getting, look for it next year.

I have been hearing July myself, but usually Lowrance's July is ever else's January...

July (at the ICAST show) is when they said they would announce details, like pricing and a due date. I haven't heard anything more specific than that.

I think before Lowrance spends alot of time on side scan they should maybe get their down view sonar and updates to work right. Just a thought.