• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

From the Game and Fish:

Deer Gun Applications Due June 3, Resident Gratis Now Online

North Dakota deer hunters are reminded the deadline for submitting applications for the 2009 gun season is June 3.

The deadline applies to muzzleloader, regular gun, gratis and nonresident landowner, and youth antlered mule deer applications (specifically for antlered mule deer in units 3B1, 3B2, and 4A-4F). The deadline for regular statewide youth licenses is Sept. 1.

In addition, the deadline for submitting an antlerless white-tailed deer gun application for ages 12 and 13 is Sept. 1. Hunters are reminded that completion of a hunter education course is required before applying.

Prospective hunters can apply online, or print out an application to mail, at the North Dakota Game and Fish Department HSOforum, gf.nd.gov. Landowners should note that the resident gratis application is now available for completion online.

Deer applications are also accepted by calling 800-406-6409, and are available at county auditors, license vendors and Game and Fish offices.

Anyone mailing applications to the Game and Fish Department is advised to mail early because some post offices use the following day’s postmark for mail received after regular hours. The department’s online application feature will be deactivated June 3 at midnight.

marine_man

Apps in and now I'll wait until the doe tags become available for the lottery.

Good luck to all. I have 2 preference points so I may stand a fair chance.

I will archery, gun and muzzleloader hunt if all the tags come through.

From what I have been told by area ranchers and hunters, the herd in our area did well this past winter.

I always have my buck archery tag so I don't get real concerned if I don't get the rifle tag. If I keep my preference going, every other time its a smoke pole and then a rifle. Plus, one gets those doe tags also.

I do remember when I would get 1 archery tag only and to hunt all fall, one needed to be very picky with what you shot or your season was over in a weekend.

I need to hunt all fall from the opener through November.

Typically once one sees on the Game & Fish HSOforum that the lottery is under way, Its another 2-3 days before the results are out.

I hope you are correct as I would really like to know what type license if any I will recieve.

You were correct Dan as yes the lottery was held. That is the fastest they have ever done the lottery

1 buck tag for me. My son also recieved a buck tag. Also a buck tag for my sons friend. Now to the flat top tags and then the archery season.

Never have we pulled 3 tags in one season for rifle buck. I would guess that the lottery apps were down due to the economy.

Looks like we will be hunting all fall.