• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Braided line-what kind of knot to tie?

Targeting pike for the first time tomorrow so I picked up a starter bait casting rod/reel combo. An Abu 5500 reel with a Gander Advantage graphite 7ft medium heavy rod. I had it spooled with 50# braid. My question is what style knot should be used to attach a leader or swivel? Tie the same as mono? Most likely will be using 1/2 oz super spook. Any other advice greatly appreciated.

I have no need to use anything but palomar on anything except my floro leaders. It's the best knot I've ever used and stood up for a long time on knot wars until a knot that takes 5 minutes to tie beat it. I like it because it's simple and takes a couple second to tie.

I use a palomar, but before I pass the lure/leader through the loop I twist the loop twice, moisten and pull tight. ive also used the fishin fool knot of knotwars on tv, the uni is great also, but the palomar is my fav. on my ski rig/and heavy salt rigs I use a bimmini twist to double the line, then with the loops left over I use a uni to the leader, and cut the tags off. same as I use for bottom fishing for grouper, ect.... ive also used a haywire twist of the bimmini for toothy critters.