• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Best weed killer to put on lawns?

Diago

What is the best weed killer to use on your exsisting lawn? I have considered using spectracide, is that any good? Would you recomend anything else?

Thanks for the help!

Jim

I've used Ortho with good results and I like Trimec too. Great results on general broadleafs. More difficult weeds like creeping charlie, violets and some clover require different chems than the ones for dandelions so you may end up buying two different products depending on your personal yard needs.

exactly...it all depends what kind of weeds you have or plan on having...certain weeds germinate and grow at different times and temps....the most important thing for you lawn is to get down your first application of pre-emergent...that is a 2 in 1 fertilizer with weed control with pre and post emergent weed and seed killing properties....if you can get your hands on a product named calvacade or dimension thats what you what for this time of year.

the best kind of weed killer for broadleaf and dandelions is triplet, vessel, or escalade.

speedzone or redzone will wipe creeping charlie out with a single spray or two.

drive will wipe out crapgrass.

in order to kill stubborn thistles you have to stomp them with your boot first then spray them.

I do 2.5 acres twice a year spring and late summer and I use a Fimco sprayer w/12ft boom & wand sprayer on my wheeler and use a product called Triplett that you can purchace at your local co-op

this stuff knocks the Sh*t out of just about everything! except grass

where do you buy Trimec? How much is a gallon? I have not seen it in my local Ag co-op.
I get it at bomgaars and it runs about 15$ a bottle It is concentrated and you may need more then one depending on your lot size