Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
james_walleye

buying trolling motor batteries........

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys im going to buy a couple new batteries for the trolling motor this weekend. Any recommendations on batteries and where i might find them?

I bought mine from interstate last year and it works great. They claim its as good as the Ultima for half the price

Mark

I went to a Interstate battery store in coon Rapids. there probably the same battery. I paid around $100 for mine.

Mark

Check for Interstate dealers in your area. Many auto repair shops are battery dealers and if they don't have them on hand they can usually get them in short order.

I would recommend the batteries sold at the big wal.

You can get a 29 series battery that have worked great for me for years for about $80

I wouldn't use a Wally battery if someone gave it to me. Maybe you got lucky and got a good one, but I think they're turnover/exchange rate is pretty high.

Interstates all the way for me, I spent a year with WM batteries some made it a month others only 1 trip. I got tired of having dead batteries and the hassle of taking them back to be replaced. 6 in 5 months from Wal Mart, never again..

Interstate for me as well. Just replaced two 6 year old batteries for opener, $100/ea. Starting battery is still going strong after 6 years.

my walmart batterys went bad this year. there from 03 so they dont owe me a thing. going to get two more today

Thanks guys, im going to GM in the morning to pick up some interstates. You guys run the 24's or 27's?

29's! Trojans, if you can find them.

A lot of guys run 31's.

Someone mentioned Ultima. I don't know why anyone would ever get an Ultima. Their reserve is about half of what a flooded acid or gel cell 27 is...

Interstate 29's. Make sure they'll fit in your space / battery trays. I have to do some modifications, but mine fit now, and I've never run dry, even when running hard and constant in the wind. (24V) Good luck.

Northern tool has Interstate batteries. I got the 24 dc for 79 and the 27 dc for 86.