Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chanfish

Driveway seal suggestions

3 posts in this topic

want to do myself for first time. any suggestions on methods or what products work well. it is a tar driveway. the simpler the better as i am not great at these things..been looking at home depot. i am thinking of washing it and putting it down with a squeegee... hotter temp the better you think??

thanks

temp is not that big of a deal(as long as it is above 55 for 24 hours) it will just dry faster. wash it and if you have any oil spots you will need some prepseal otherwise it will not stick to it. we always used sealmaster products so dont know about the home depot stuff.

Definitely clean your driveway really good, and treat/clean any oil spots as mentioned above. Also fill any cracks/holes first. I used the HD gel type stuff (not sure of the brand) and that worked pretty good. I probably put mine on a little thin, so its only lasted a few years. Still looks way better than it did before and definitely helps seal it all up.

I prepped one day (and let it all dry) then sealed the next. You will have to stay off your drive way for a few days afterwards.