• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Mr. and a Mrs. Blackburnian Warbler

Found this male blackburnian warbler in Duluth yesterday. The Mrs. I found two years ago out on a breakwater after a foggy morning. It was clear that she had had a long night of migrating. She was very tolerant of my interest in her as she hunted for bugs and spiders in the rocks. SonyA300 and a Tokina 400mm for the male, Minolta5d and Tamron 300mm for the female. iso400 for both, f10 and f8, 1/160 for the male, and I don't recall for the lady smile Comments and critiques always welcome.

Regards,

Shawn Zierman.

firestartermnfish.jpg

femalefirestarter.jpg

The birding in Duluth will be amazing for the next two and a half weeks, it's been good so far, but it will only get better and better from here through the first week in June! Thanks for the kind comments all.

The first one is a breath of fresh air. I love the way he is hanging onto the weed.

Shawn, do you ever get over to Jay Cooke? I'm negotiating on a canoe from someone that lives in Cloquet. If it's a go, I'd definitely run over to the park, since it's so close.

Hey X, Jay Cooke is a lovely place, great trails for hiking, the river scene this time of year is exciting, but to be honest I spend very little time there due to the exceeding excellence of other locations like Minnesota and Stoney Point, 40th Ave. West, Morgan Park mudflats, Indian Point Campground, etc, etc. smile