Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shorelunch

Morson LOTW May report

19 posts in this topic

So who's heading up this weekend? It will be interesting to see how everyone does, and where we do and don't find the fish, with an early opener.

I'm heading up with two friends on Tuesday. We will fish through Friday and head home Saturday. I will post a report when I get back.

Leaving in about an hour. Back home Sunday and then back for the Holiday weekend. Will post results early next week. Sounds like it may be a little chilly on Saturday. Separates the fools from the non-fishermen.

Heading up on Friday myself. Saw Rgate posted on walleye central that fishing was okay. Largest fish over the weekend was a 9 pounder. they caught fish in 18 fow.

I would hope this warmer, stable weather pushes them up into "normal" Spring depths and patterns. We'll see. Looks like a nice forecast so far, in the mid-60's to 70.

Wow 18 fow! Never have fished them that deep up there this early in the year. Sumander could you get me a link to that walleye central board? I have been unsuccessful in finding it. Thanks!

Wind blew HARD on Saturday. Didn't even put the boat in the water until early evening. Tried classic spring area close to home for about an hour with poor results. Sunday was calm and sunny. Once again fished sand and rubble shorelines 7-20 feet of water. Caught a few. Caught three smallies over 18", fun time but hard to feed the family. Back up Saturday morning. I too am looking forward to the fish moving up into shallower water.

Good luck to everyone headed out this weekend.

Sitting here looking out at the lake right now. Fished Wed & Thurs. Same story, fish are in 15+ feet, many 20+ feet. Good news, better than average size, seven over 19". Bad news, hard to get any between 16 and 19". Numbers down, size up. Weather cool. Winds normal. May portage to fish Lakers today, as we only need one 'Eye to fill.

Sitting here looking out at the lake right now. Fished Wed & Thurs. Same story, fish are in 15+ feet, many 20+ feet. Good news, better than average size, seven over 19". Bad news, hard to get any between 16 and 19". Numbers down, size up. Weather cool. Winds normal. May portage to fish Lakers today, as we only need one 'Eye to fill.

EW, which provider are you using for Internet service? Have you tried the shallower depths, too - and they're just not there? What type of structure are you finding them off of?

Thanks!

I was up there Sat-Tuesday. Caught alot of fish (Walleye, perch, and crappies). However most of the Eyes were small. I had 3 larger fish at 24,25, and 26, and a few 17-18's. Most were deep, but the biggest one was shallow. I was using 1/8 oz to 1/4 oz jigs with crawlers most of the time.

Didnt venture too far, basically every area we fished was productive. Also a few smallies, rock bass, 2 pike.

The scenery was very nice, I was pretty jealous of the people with cabins on those islands, wow what way to live!

importedphotos00006.jpg

Water was 47-48 when I was there.

The resort I stay at has wireless I.S. We have tried shallow but without much luck. Most every Walleye has come out of 20' to 34'. The exception would be the last 45 minutes of light, durinf that time we've gotten them from 13' to 17'. We portaged in to Whitefish Bay today to troll for Lakers. Portage worked good. Rain fell steadily all day. One fish on and broke off. Had a great time though. Will do it again next year. Had a great fish fry last night and bringing home a limit. Great trip, again.

Interesting weekend for our crew. Beautiful weather Saturday and Sunday, and Monday morning wasn't too bad.

Saturday we struggled to find fish. We found a nice eater in 10 feet at a fairly typical Spring spot using jig and Gulp. So we basically fished 8-15 feet at Spring spots and only had two walleyes total for the day. One of the worse days of fishing we've had.

Sunday, we figured in out. We fished points leading into Spring spots. We found nice sized walleyes at 20 feet - and only 20 feet - using jigs and Gulp along with spinners and twister tails. It wasn't fast and furious, but we boated about 20 fish. Biggest was 22", the rest were solid eaters.

Monday morning was slightly better than Sunday. Same depth with some more numbers. Water temp was up to 54 degrees in the best spots. We also found smallies and northerns.

This lake never ceases to amaze me on where you do and don't find fish. Beautiful weather and we finally found fish.

We had a fantastic weeekend at the Lake. We ended up with 5 walleyes over 25" inlcuding my son's biggest ever at 29.5" and my biggest at 30"! Son's fish came out of 18 fow on Saturday morning. Mine was in 11 fow Saturday afternoon. One of my partners picked up another 29" fish in 12 fow on Sunday morning.

We had 4 people fishing and ended up with a possession limit of nice 16-18" fish. Everything was caught on a jig and a minnow.

We had a fantastic weeekend at the Lake. We ended up with 5 walleyes over 25" inlcuding my son's biggest ever at 29.5" and my biggest at 30"! Son's fish came out of 18 fow on Saturday morning. Mine was in 11 fow Saturday afternoon. One of my partners picked up another 29" fish in 12 fow on Sunday morning.

We had 4 people fishing and ended up with a possession limit of nice 16-18" fish. Everything was caught on a jig and a minnow.

Sounds like you had a nice weekend too! We found our fish at 20 feet on points leading into traditional Spring spots. Where did you find yours?

Shorelunch, We found some on similar structure to you. Found the bulk of our fish in post spawn areas one would expect to find them in.

We spent two weeks at the lake. 4 good weather days. Found our fish in 15-25 FOW. Same as other posts. Big fish, small fish, not a lot of 16-18". We did come up with three limits of crappies. 35 FOW. October fishing.

[PoorWordUsage]

Hey D-

Shoot me an email would ya? carkir@bethel.edu

taking my wife and daughter up there this spring and wanted to talk crappies...

Thanks