• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Rod holder for CL Sportfish - mounted in splash well

311Hemi

I could not find any rod holder systems that I liked and that did not take up space for my hsolist Sportfish so I came up with this. I still need to cover it in vinyl or carpet it (didn't have enough time to finish it before opener), but you get the idea. With this installed I can still use all my seating (including folding up the rear bench seat) and can open all compartment doors. Only issue is that with this installed I can not fully tilt the engine all the way up, but I can't do that with the rear bench seat up either so no big deal and it's not something I do very often if at all. It's mounted using bimini top mounting hardware and can be removed in a matter of a minute or two. I just needed to buy six 1-1/2" inch plumbing drain tubes, a can of the Palsti Dip, and a bimini top support kit.

Picture033-1.jpg

Picture018.jpg

Yes, the motor cover will hit the seat (and the rod holder as it sits right now) if tilting the motor all the way up (about the same height for both). The seat was this way when I bought it (as is the mount now) and I don't think there is any way around this. I can remove both in a matter of a minute though if needed. It's only the last little bit that I can't tilt, and in the time I have had the boat (only 1 month) I have never had to trim up that far. The motor will easily clear the bottom of the boat if there are worries about hitting something. I have some room to play with spacing and adjusting the rod tubes so I may be able to get it to fit without hitting by lowering everything. I would not be able to put the two middle rods in with the engine tilted all the way up no matter what. Normal shallow water travel is not an issue.

I would have gone with one of the seat post rod holders but I really did not want to take up any of the post holes, nor did I want it on one side of the rear casting deck or up front in the bow. Sacrificing the few inches of tilt was worth it to me.