• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fish finders

crappiescotty

Im looking for a fish finder around $200 i have been looking at the hummingbird 535, or 565 also been looking at the eagle fish finders, and was wondering if anyone has any information to help me on a decision. also wondering if any fishing store around the cities is having sales on fish finders.

i have a hummingbird 535 in my boat and i like it. i just added a vexilar to the boat also so that helps but if i had the choice again i would go to the next level up because mine doesnt really have the power to pick up the weedlines alot and suspended fish

If the choices are similar in price, for sure go with the color unit. You will be very happy with the color model. It shows up great in the bright sun, and you have a better idea with the color which signals are stronger then other. I bought a color unit this year, and will NEVER go back to black and gray. Buy the best unit with peak to peak power that you can afford, that will help with target separation. I have learned that the one thing not to skim on price is your locator.

However, be careful with the entry level color fish finders, it seems that what you are paying for in these units is the color and not the fish/bottom finding ability. If you go with a black and white that is the same price as the entry level color finder then the black and white will most likely be a much better fish finder. That was what i found out when doing some shopping around before i bought mine.