• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Williams wall

Scott K

A Minnesota judge has denied the NFLPA request to put the suspensions of five players on hold while their case is appealed.

Unless the appellate court rules before the season starts, five players, including the Vikings' Kevin and Pat Williams and the Saints' Will Smith and Charles Grant, will begin serving four-game suspensions.

Source: Associated Press

Related: Charles Grant, Pat Williams, Will Smith

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no we aren't hoping we are.... we are!!! Everyone will be hyping up those two teams and the improvements the Lions made, But we'll end up takin it again, not by a landslide, but we'll get 'er done.

When they're serving their suspensions do they count as part of the 53 man roster or are we able to sign some guys yet in this off-season to help out with depth while they're gone?

During recent settlement talks, the NFL was reportedly willing to forgo the four-game suspensions for the Starcaps case players: Vikings DTs Kevin Williams, Pat Williams, and Saints DLs Will Smith and Charles Grant.

The settlement never happened because the players' lawyers were still trying to avoid paying a six-figure fine. The case will be back in court this week, but this settlement talk gives some hope to the players that they could avoid a suspension yet.

Source: Yahoo.com

Related: Charles Grant, Pat Williams, Will Smith

NFL attorneys said Tuesday that they won't try to enforce the suspensions against Kevin Williams and Pat Williams "for the moment."

A Minnesota judge is expected to decide on June 22 whether he wants to make a ruling or continue to hear arguments from both sides. The players' status for the first four games of 2009 remains unresolved.

Source: Minneapolis Star-Tribune

Related: Pat Williams

I have a feeling the NFL wants to punish them some how (fine)but so far can't agree on a figure. I don't know why the Williams boys wouldn't agree to a $75,000 fine to resolve this issue. Especially if they are facing a 4 game suspension without pay which would be over a $1,000,000 in lost wages for each.

Update....

Profootballtalk.com reports that Vikings DTs Kevin and Pat Williams' StarCaps suspensions will not take effect until after training camp.

The AP ran an erroneous report claiming the players wouldn't be suspended at all. PFT has learned that the Williams Wall will be eligible for camp and the preseason, but it remains to be seen if they'll play in Weeks 1-4.

Source: Profootballtalk.com

The NFL is at fault on this also and they know it - for not notifying the players that Starcaps had this band substance. If I was the Williams lawyers, I would tell the league to reduce it to a 2 game penalty for each and stagger the penalties. Kevin sits out the first 2 games and Big Pat the next 2 games. This probably would still cost each of the Williams $500,000 in lost salaries plus legal fees though.

The lawyer for Kevin Williams and Pat Williams claims the NFL is retaliating against the two Vikings players by increasing their random drug testing.

The players had been randomly tested three times per year, but now they have reportedly been subjected to more than six tests in the offseason. The players argue that the increased scrutiny violates Minnesota law.

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press

Related: Pat Williams

Ummmm..... Waaaaaa!

A district judge granted Vikings DTs Kevin and Pat Williams a block against their four-game suspensions for using a banned substance.

The Williams Wall again has a temporary restraining order against the NFL. The judge also scheduled a July 22 hearing to consider whether he'll put a hold on state court proceedings while a federal court entertains other issues in the case. As the suspensions continue to get pushed back, the Williamses appear more and more likely to be eligible for opening day. Jul. 9 - 11:32 am et

Source: Associated Press

I dont know how much longer they can put this off, I think they will get suspended eventually. I dont think they should be, but I think the NFL will get its way. I think the first 4 games are the games they should sit. Browns, Detroit, SF, cheeseheads. Cheesehead game wont be ideal but atleast the suspension will over with

nfl is just trying to make an example out of them. "yeah, you didnt do it intentionally, its not listed, but this is an example to all players to check what they take before they take it no matter what"

so there take that nah nah booo booo.

let them play and quit wasting taxpayer dollars on a stupid lawsuit.

Exactly right, it's a waste of money the NFL should be paying for. They did all the checks on the substance they were supposed to do. Even calling the NFL to verify and were told it was not banned. It's on the NFL.