• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

HF 1132...Passed

This bill passed house and senate as of yesterday...

HF 1132

What it means....If signed by the Governor

-No more long-gun/bow case's required... (with some city-school restrictions)

-Bear hunters... may leave portable stands on WMA's overnite

-Barrels (30 gallon or larger) legal for baiting bears on "private" land....

-two lines for summer angling (with purchase of a $10 endorsement on license)

-No length restrictions for northern spearing

I really like the 2 lines but they could have left the extra money out. Will I pay for it, yes.

I would guess that our Gov will veto the majority of the bills sent to him if they cost anything or have a tax increase included.

Minnesota and all their extra taxes.

i think the two lines idea is kinda [PoorWordUsage]. what happens when you are reeling a fish in on one line, when the bobber goes down on the other. by the time you catch, dehook, and release/keep the fish, the other hook is probably completely swallowed by now. now if that fish is small, i guess i would probably see more small sunnies and crappies floating around or washed up on shore. looks like a higher fish mortality rate to me. heck, some people are already horrible at releasing fish the way it is. why make it worse.

You'll like the 2 lines. I fish with 2 here in Iowa quite often and the number of times you have 2 fish on at the same time is minimal. And when it does, it's much more often the case that the 2nd fish doesn't get hooked at all. The reason I like 2 lines is that you can experiment with different presentations, depths, etc. to find what the fish want. If the action gets so fast and furious that I am frequently getting fish on both rods, I usually put one away until it slows down again. About the only time I've had that happen is during a panfish frenzy while ice fishing.

I like the one about leaving tree stands overnight in a WMA for bear hunting. I have never seen stands hanging for long periods of time in WMA's. LOL I am being totally sarcastic. We were out shed hunting in a WMA on the north shore a couple weeks ago and must have spotted at least a half dozen stands.

does that change anything with 2 liine ice fishing, do we get a third or 4th line in the winter or is it 2 for summer winter stays the same with 2? I could see some might be confussed with that

This is how the final wording was, so it's pretty clear that it changes nothing for ice fishing...

Sec. 45. Minnesota Statutes 2008, section 97C.315, subdivision 1, is amended to read:

Subdivision 1. Lines. An angler may not use more than one line except two lines may be used to take fish:

(1)through the ice; or

(2)if the angler purchases a second line endorsement for $10.

2 lines ish. Can't wait to spring crappie fish and compete with other boats that are kinda controling the crappie spot by fan casting 6 bobbers around the creek mouth instead of 3. Well, just time to find a new crappie spot.

It looks to me like it has to be passed by the senate yet. If it is changed at all, it will then go to a conference commitee with the senate and the house where the differences can be worked out. It ain't over yet. These things always get settled in the very last hours.

Pretty sure the Senate omnibus bill still needs to pass. Last year they specifically yanked the 2 line statement before passing.

I will be surprised if the same thing doesn't happen again this year, yet happy if it makes it through.

What the point of eliminating gun cases. I never had a problem with putting my gun in a case and probably still will. Just make it easier for people to shoot birds out the truck. Thats just what i want to drive up on is a bunch of rednecks with their shotguns between their legs with a shell inches from the chamber.

The way the bill is written it doesn't eliminate gun cases...you still have to use cases in certain counties around the metro area AND while you're in any city with a population of over 2,500 And on any school properties regardless of the size of the community...It's pretty specific...you don't need your gun or bow completely cased when travling to and from hunting locations, shooting ranges, etc...as long as you're not traveling through any city or school property on your way...you still have to have it unloaded...and I too will probably still use cases too, just to protect my equipment...but, you will no longer have to worry about getting pinched if you hitch a ride with someone back to your camp or vehicle without a case...As far as the folks who "may" shoot game out of thier trucks?...that is still illegal and those few that are doing that now will probably still do it...

Well, it made it through the Senate and on it's way to the governor with these changes....

The House language to allow anglers to use two lines when fishing was removed from the bill, as was a provision for baiting bears on private land.

I guess we'll just have to keep sawing up logs....

What the _ _ _ _! A guy cant bait with a barrel on his own land, but now you can leave a stand ovwernight on state land to hunt bear, I happy for you state land hunters to finally get one but come on!! Unhappy Boar

ok I'mn over it< really was'nt as upset as it appeared, sorry. those dashes dont spell what ya think. Anywho... Dose anyone know what might be written into law for this year or do we wait till next year to abide ny the new changes? Later, a more relaxed an calm boar