Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Spyder

Walleyes Pool 6 Questions

2 posts in this topic

Hi all, new to the board and in dire need of some guidance.

I've been out on pool 6 4 times in the last 3 weeks and have managed only 1.....8in walleye and a couple of bass.

Working the wingdams mainly but just can't seem to get anything to bite (even when the fish finder says there down there). Tried worms, leeches, minnows, crankbaits, Bottom Bouners, even the tried and true jig with a twister (thats always been my standby) and nothing. Use two poles both 10lb the line is clear blue/white, same as I've always used.

I hate to complain but this is my worst dry spell ever.

Any suggestions before I give up and take up watching paint dry!!!! Thanks again.

What I would recommend is fishing lindy rigs with powerpro on the topside of wingdams. Right now, leeches and crawlers seem to be working the best, but in the next few weeks the willowcat bite will be awesome. Also casting cranks on the topside of the wingdams is great way to catch them. We mainly fish from the middle of the dam out. We had a bunch of nice eyes on leeches and crankbaits a few nights ago. Give this a try. You can always stop into Daniels and talk with my brother Matt.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Krylon and Rustoleum both have aerosol primers for plastic.  
    • I had the fasteners they recommended but it still needs to be filled to prevent floating . I don't recall what spacing I used but was told later I did every thing correct except for the water .
    • I bought my first house almost exactly a year ago and am looking to put it in a garden which is kind of a new adventure for me. Since I don't have the best soil in my yard, I am thinking I am going to build some raised garden beds out of some 2x12s. I am looking for some suggestions on this. Is 12" of soil deep enough? Any do's or don'ts from people that have done this before?   I've never done a solo garden before, so I am kind of in uncharted territories. I want to make some salsa and possibly pasta sauce so what all should I grow? Tomatoes and peppers are on the list... what else?   I'm located in Duluth so temp/thaw wise, we are at least a week or 2 behind the metro still.

• I think he just got triple owned, I just scored a ton of points in my imaginary troll game. YES!!!!  
    • I am making some bluebird houses out of PVC.  They need to be white.  I have painted some with Zinser primer but it doesn't adhere very well.  Any idea what I should do to get the paint to stick?   Thanks for your time.   Tom
    • I don't think Trump can do that much damage in 4 years, if he makes it that long.
    • Phony politicians of all stripes have reversed their position on the fence numerous times, since it is just a political football that is typically dropped once the election is over.     One of the obstacles is land ownership, and we are supposedly a nation of laws that stands for the right to own property.     In 2007, as the Bush administration was extending the fence, it sent letters to property owners threatening to sue them if they did not “voluntarily” hand over their rights to their land. The letters offered no compensation for the use of the land. Some intimidated property owners signed the letters thinking that they had no recourse. Others refused, and the governmentsued them for access. Although the government can—and did—attempt to use eminent domain to seize property from landowners, the lawsuits took years to complete (7 years in one case), causing substantial delays. DHS’s Inspector General (IG) concluded in 2009 that “acquiring non-federal property has delayed the completion of fence construction,” and that “CBP achieved [its] progress primarily in areas where environmental and real estate issues did not cause significant delay.” The IG report again: For example one landowner in New Mexico refused to allow CBP to acquire his land for the fence. The land ownership predated the Roosevelt easement that provides the federal government with a 60-foot border right-of-way. As a result, construction of fencing was delayed and a 1.2-mile gap in the fence existed for a time in this area. CBP later acquired this land through a negotiated settlement. The IG found more than 480 cases in which the federal government negotiated the “voluntary” sale of property, and up to 300 cases in which condemnation would be sought through the courts. Because the right of just compensation is protected by the Constitution, there is little Donald Trump or Congress can do to expedite these issues. A related issue is the impact on tribal lands. Although technically owned by the federal government, tribal lands are held in trust for Indian tribes, which federal law recognizes as distinct, independent, political entities. The Tohono O’odham Nation, which has land on both sides of the border, hasalready pledged to fight the Trump administration on building a wall there. In 2007, the tribe agreed to allow the construction of a vehicle barrier on their land, but the Bush administration then waived laws that protect tribal burial grounds, and during construction, human remains were dug up. If the tribe refuses to cooperate, the Trump administration would need a stand-alone bill from Congress condemning the land. Even on federal lands, it can take months to get various agencies to agree to allow Border Patrol to move forward on various projects. In 2010, two-thirds of patrol agents-in-charge told the Government Accountability Office that under land management laws, the interagency compliance process had delayed or limited access to portions of some federal lands. Some 54 percent said that they were unable to obtain responses to requests for permission to use the lands in a timely manner. In one case, it took nearly 8 months for Border Patrol to get permission to install a single underground sensor. Only 15 percent, however, said that these issues adversely impacted the overall security in their areas.
    • Signs of life? Not sure how Dubs and the PK lets Ovi score over and over from the same spot.
  • Our Sponsors