• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Joe Crede

harvey lee

He has been FAR from good, come on... I watched the game last night yes it was a great way to end, but the guy is hitting .220 ish...Not that he has ever hit for a high avg but he has some pretty dang good talent around him right now. Lets face it he falls into the same mold as Jay Buhner, Rob Deer (not as many K's), and dare I say Tom Brunansky!

That would be nice, I wish we would have rolled the dice right away and offered a deal longterm and hope to work out a Twins deal. Now, if he puts up numbers again and stays healthy, we just got out-bidded.

He just had another clutch hit in the bottom of the 7th today.

If he continues to go 1-3 or 1-4 but the hits come at clutch times with runners in scoring position I'm fine with him. He's better then anything else we've been running out at 3rd the last few years.

I am not getting crazy....I already am...but that is besides the point.....the guy is a good 3 bag and has a lively stick.....what other options do we have and how long have we been looking for a good 3 bag and a little more power in the line-up?? I think he fills both voids for our ball club

I find this conversation funny. Problem with Crede is he doesnt hit for a high enough average. problem with Mauer on another thread is he doesnt have enough power. Apparently, unless we field an entire team of Morneau's and Pujol's, we will suck. Guys, you only have a handful of players IN ALL OF BASEBALL that can hit for power AND average.

My take: Mauer is as good as you are gonna get at catcher. Enjoy him for what he is. Crede is the best 3B since Koskie. Enjoy not having a guy over there on pace for a 2 or 3 homer season like we had the last few years.

I find this conversation funny. Problem with Crede is he doesnt hit for a high enough average. problem with Mauer on another thread is he doesnt have enough power. Apparently, unless we field an entire team of Morneau's and Pujol's, we will suck. Guys, you only have a handful of players IN ALL OF BASEBALL that can hit for power AND average.

My take: Mauer is as good as you are gonna get at catcher. Enjoy him for what he is. Crede is the best 3B since Koskie. Enjoy not having a guy over there on pace for a 2 or 3 homer season like we had the last few years.

Very good point.

the bullpen is still there, so, no we dont have to FIND something to complain about. and after reading the sentence I just typed that leaves the Twins out for being up by 20 games. they have the stick potential and starting hurlers, but the pen is horrible (joe nathan, your excused from all bullpen talk!)

Twins would be very wise to extend and sign Crede to a multi-year contract. Highly incentivized if they could -- otherwise just take a chance on him staying healthy. He's a solid player who seems to fit into what the Twins have been building on for a long time.