• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Close call this morning.

DonBo

First time hunting a new farm this morning. Heard 3-4 different toms gobble once or twice then shut up after hitting the ground. Sat and called till 7:00, then had to head off to work (aaarrghhh).

Walking back to the truck I spotted a turkey in the farmers yard. Turns out there were two of them. I hunkered down in a grassy CRP area and watched. One, a nice tom was working his way towards where I was calling from 10 minutes ago. The other was coming my way...never did see that one again. Maybe a hen going to her nest??? I broke out my mouth call and gave a short soft series of yelps and the tom was headed my way! Soon his bright red head poked up over a rise at about 50 yards, I pushed off the safety but held off. "He's coming" I thought. He went into a slight dip between us and...I never saw him again. How do they do that? Is this a great sport, or what?

I'll be back tomorrow, maybe I can stay just a little longer. smile

Unfortunately for you DonBo you ran into Team 5's trained tom. He is our revenge bird sent out to humiliate you for talking smack last week or whenever that was. Feel free to waste all five of your days trying to put him in the bag. Good luck with that. Seriously I would shoot the first jake you get a chance at or possibly a bearded hen. Good hunting!

Unfortunately for you DonBo you ran into Team 5's trained tom. He is our revenge bird sent out to humiliate you for talking smack last week or whenever that was. Feel free to waste all five of your days trying to put him in the bag. Good luck with that. Seriously I would shoot the first jake you get a chance at or possibly a bearded hen. Good hunting!

shockedgrin