Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Learning2Fish

Post SW area tournments here

6 posts in this topic

Figure this might be a easy way to list some of the tournments and times for the area under one heading. I know there are probably several that are wondering when and where the local club tournments maybe held. Or who maybe in charge of them even.

Looking for times for the following lakes for example:

Okebena

Loon Lake

Shetek

Sarah

Round Lake

Fox Lake

Also post for the kids events might be a idea.

Okebena kids tournment is put on June 5th in chataqua park put on by the optimist club.

Fairmont is also having a kids tournment the same day. I think its at amber lake park (not totally for sure on location).

I would like to try and fish a few of these local tournments to try and gain more knowledge and experience this year.

If anyone else has any info on these or other tournments please share. Thank you very much, good luck and enjoy fishing.

The SWMN Fishing Club is having tournaments on Round May 30, Okabena July 18, and Sarah Sept 26. Not 100% sure of any others happening in the area.

Round Lake Walleye Tournament

Round Lake Mn

Saturday May 30, 2009

7:30 am to 2:00 pm

$50 entry fee per boat

Limited to the first 50 paid two person teams

80% payback

*1st Place $700

2nd Place $400

3rd Place $300

4th Place $200

5th Place $125

6th Place $75

7th through 10th $50

* based on full 50 boat field

Check starts at 6:00 am at East Side Acres

Shotgun Start at 7:30am

Weigh in at 2:00 pm at East Side Acres

print sign up form and send to:

SWMFC

PO Box 4

Worthington, MN 56187

questions ??

Larry at 507-360-3973

Angela at 507-360-8565

or email swmfc@live.com

Contest Rules

LIMIT SIX FISH PER BOAT

MINIMUM SIZE LIMIT 15 INCHES

TAGS MUST BE USED ON ALL WALLEYE IN THE BOAT (5 RED

FOR 15-20 INCHES AND 1GREEN FOR OVER 20 INCHES)

1 FISH OVER 20 INCHES IN THE BOAT AT ANY TIME DURING

TOURNAMENT HOURS

TOURNAMENT BOATS MAY NOT BE CLOSER THAN 15 FEET AT

ANY TIME

BOATS MAY GO TO SHOR ONLY IN CASES OF EMERGENCY

SHOTGUN START AT 7:30 AM

ALL BOATS MUST BE IN BY DESIGNATED TIME. ANY BOATS IN

AFTER 2:30pm WILL BE DISQUALIFIED

NO USE OF CELL PHONES EXCEPT FOR EMERGENCY

NO USE OF BINOCULARS

BOUNDRIES- ROUND LAKE

ALL MINNESOTA FISHING & US COAST GUARD RULES APPLY

BOATS SUBJECT TO INSPECTION AT CHECK IN AND ANY TIME

DURING THE TOURNAMENT

THERE WILL NOT BE REFUNDS FOR NO-SHOWS

LIFE JACKETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES DURING THE

TOURNAMENT EXCEPT AT TROLLING SPEED OR LESS

ANY VIOLATION OF THESE RULES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION

THERE WILL BE NO FISH CULLING

NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ACCIDENTS

Thanks for the reply of info. Heard something on the radio about the shetek tournment, but didn't catch the date of it even.

Shetek Tournament was yesterday the 16th.

yeah i found out about the info on the shetek tournment about 11am that morning. Thanks though