• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Walleye or Sauger?

Looks like a walleye to me. Has the white tip on its tail. From what I understand, saugers don't have the white tip on the tail. I too have seen walleye with the dark spots on them. I can't see the fins, but I assume there's no spots on them.

Saugeye are a hybrid produced by interbreeding male sauger and female walleye. As would be expected of a hybrid, saugeye have some features of both parent species. The body of the saugeye is tubular and elongate and the tail fin has a white border on the lower end, like a walleye.

I would call it a walleye, But the dorsal fin wold also have more spots in it. The anal fins looks to have white ends to it. The pelvic fins seem to be missing some of the white you may find on them. It could be a cross of saugeye and walleye. again?